Prospect Lake

Karma-Kazi

Well Boys it happened again. Decided to take the boat to prospect lake for the day with a buddy. Its on fire there right now, we got fish on every lure possible. The final numbers were 25 rainbows, 8 cutties and 6 small mouth bass(2 of which were in excess of 5 pounds)

It was a great day! The bass are in shallow on the docks and fallen trees go get them boys. Never had so much fun on the lake in my life!

Pics to come soon.

-Steve

Thanks for the info Steve! Took out my 4 and 8 yr old daughters out in my leaky tinny today and they had a blast with the trout! Lost count after 12 fish and only spent an hr and a half on the water.... Small stuff but perfect for the kids!

We ended up tossing spinners and smaller rapalas in any little bay and had the best luck doing that. We pulled out the gangtroll and worm and I got all my bigger trout on that. The bass were mostly into the biggest spinners we had in size 4 and 5 and also love the croc spoons!

Addicted- Im glad you had some fun. THats what its all about! Wish i was on the lake this morning unfortunatly the 12 foot tinny doesnt just jump into the truck. LOL

-Steve

c'mon steve! my 14 ft tin is no prob for me to throw in the back of my rig! and i have a 4 inch lift in my dodge... hit the gym! lol we used gang trolls for all our fish with a wedding band and worm... fast and furious... Thanks again.

c'mon steve! my 14 ft tin is no prob for me to throw in the back of my rig! and i have a 4 inch lift in my dodge... hit the gym! lol we used gang trolls for all our fish with a wedding band and worm... fast and furious... Thanks again.
Hmmm. Garden Hackle must weigh more than the trout & it's hard for the poor little buggers to jump.Try some fly drowning match the hatch & drag some look a like fluff around the reward of tricking one to bite will be a lot more satisfying.
By the way "Peta" wouldn't like the inglorious treatment of the worm.Lmao

Completely true sammy but it was all good for my girls (4,8) just to watch them come to the boat with a quick release from the tiny barbless hook... Despite how "Peta" feels, they liked baiting the hooks with the poor worms themselves too... lol

I was out on sunday for a short troll, maroon bugger worked well - some chunky fish in that lake, lots of fun on the 5wt.

Well today was my Birthday and boy was it a great day! Ended up with 66 rainbows and 6 bass. No monsters biggestrout 16" and biggest bass 4.5 pounds. Was loads of fun. Red spoon no weight on the surface trolled super fast. Furious action.

-Steve

Hey Happy Birthday FishFlyguy89! Glad it was a great one for ya.

Addicted:you a very good poppa,I'm sure the girls are very proud to have such a great dad!

Poppa swiss: If i remember they also liked purple in the same pattern.
Oh have to admit I sure miss those spring days dragging the flies in the local lakes, a much less complicated day compared to ocean fishing.

Flyfishguy89: finally Happy B-Day Steve p.s i haven't forgotten about the plastic worms I'll be diving into the **** shack soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, were do you guys launch a boat or canoe in Prospect? I am only aware of one access and that is on the north end of the lake where that little park and playground is. Is there anywhere else a place to get a car closer to the water that this spot?

Chris if you drive down goward road to Echo road, there is an actual boat launch there. Its nice and gravel and even has a few spots along the road to park a truck and trailer.

Thanks fishflyguy. I actually saw the ramp today myself from the water. We caught numerous standard size trouts today with the kids trolling hardware. Almost anything worked. Best were little flatfish lures.

Prospect fish can't jump

Hmmm. Garden Hackle must weigh more than the trout & it's hard for the poor little buggers to jump.Try some fly drowning match the hatch & drag some look a like fluff around the reward of tricking one to bite will be a lot more satisfying.
By the way "Peta" wouldn't like the inglorious treatment of the worm.Lmao

Even on the lightest fly rod Prospect rainbows don't jump. It's not in their genes.. :) The battle would probably be a lot more fun with a couple of split shot on a light drag in front of a worm or fly than behind a gangtroll.

Angling qualities - The FV strain exhibits a fast growth rate, achieving a reasonably
large size for the angler when stocked into productive lakes. When hooked these fish
typically do not jump. They will put up a good fight until they are brought to the net.

More info: http://gofishbc.com/docs/2208a06b4b85cfdb.pdf

I got into the gang troll for the first few days of trolling with my new lake boat, but now im much more interested in lighter gear and better fight, now time to get the fly action going, but its just so hard to put the spinning gear away when u get 60-70 fish days, there were fly guys all around us and out of 5 float tubes and 2 guys in a boat i saw 2 fish landed in the time I was there. Now tell me all you want that the fly is where its at and the fight is better I dont doubt that. But non stop action can be alot of fun.

-Steve

Back