Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Break this in first i guess...

Heading over next week for 4 day's , Thurs - Sunday ,
anyone travel the Bam 500 lately ? was comical on the way home from the derby , owch...
worst Iv'e seen sum time ,

Jeff doesn't know it yet , he's takin me out on a vip all inclusive kickass bottom safari , i'll bring the plastic n cooler ,haha
maybe bossman can come out n play too ,

best friend Marco will be taggin too , lets go Jerry , on me this time...haha

not allotta reports these days , most have been off the water gearing up for another spectacular year , can ya feel it in the air ?
spring is near , so are the slabs , Oh Yeahhhh can't wait , we'll see ya all soon,,,,,,

later

felix...

Was over the road last weekend, went up Friday morning and followed the grader most of the way there so it was pretty good going.
tried to fish a couple of times but the wind beat us up pretty good, still lotsa prawns though

Felix the road is like Nanaimo Parkway at present the worst bit is the bit of road into the Nook crabs /prawns good and two staying in the bunkhouse last weekend had thier limit when they left
Paul

just to let you guys know. I am selling my 5th wheel trailer at poett nook. It's listed in the buy/sell section of this site. priced for quick sale!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, a buddy has been working in Bamfield over the last week or so and has been fishing in the evenings...said its been good...anybody else been out lately?

Good luck with that - 24 knt winds and 9.2 feet at 12 seconds and building. Long range isn't sounding too good either. If it does drop there should be a few on the surf line, and if it doesn't bring your surf board.

Good luck with that - 24 knt winds and 9.2 feet at 12 seconds and building. Long range isn't sounding too good either. If it does drop there should be a few on the surf line, and if it doesn't bring your surf board.

Yes it's bad out there. I should have said next weekend as that's when we are going.

We don't have our own sticky but there are decent numbers of Springers in our area so you guys down the coast shud be seeing them any day now.
April7teener.jpg

Aprilteeners.jpg

Attachments

• April 7  teener.jpg
    April 7 teener.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 38
searun new to the area what actually does fish the surf line in May actually mean. Thanks in advance for your input

If it does drop there should be a few on the surf line, and if it doesn't bring your surf board.

Theres a few there allright... got this 27lbr on the weekend. The weather was phenomenal for a change!

sheldonbrian27lber.jpg

Also picked up a 15 and a 9 in the hour we targetted salmon. Pics in with the hero shots.

Had fished halis for the tide before looking for springs and managed only one fish @ 29lbs. Kinda odd, but I think I was a bit late getting to the spot.

Decided to enjoy the weather and look for some yummy bottom dwellers and were rewarded accordingly. This bugger went 19lbs!

He's going on the lodge wall just to prove how good the bottomfishing can still be in this area!

04082011104-1.jpg

A few more of those beauties and a couple of lings to round out the days catch and here's the smorg.

IMG_5988.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

We are going to be having a halibut derby on May long weekend based out of the lodge as well. Will do up a seperate post. Too many guys have kids to deal with so Easter doesn't work.

Surf line means anywhere from Aphitrite over to Beale and the structure along that line.

Great times with great friends, really needed that, it's been a LOOOOONG ugly winter up this way!!!

Back