Can you can fish on those new electric cooktops..Not induction

Islandgirl

I have always had a gas cook top for canning. Moving and will have one of those electric cooking surfaces that is smooth..no elements but NOT induction. Has anyone canned fish on one of these? Do they work ok?

Don't do it, there is no warrenty on canning or pressure cooking on them... Beware and read closely... I just looked into it within the last month..Good Luck..Let me know.Cheers,

My canner specifically states not to use it on that type of stove. Have no idea why.

are you talking of the flat surface stovetops?...

I canned 2 batches of sockeye using our pressure cooker not too long ago and had no problems...
"Whirlpool Gold Edition" kitchen appl.

Just go buy an electric element table top thingy. They are $20-35 or buy a propane ring. Both of them allowing you to do you canning outside.

Maybe someone on here has one that they can lend or give you.

Lots of heat over time will crack it or heavy weight & heat over time- Had one break because of that that -Not to do with canning ;) a $300 bill :(

Guess I will be canning outside (no smell) on one of those propane stoves.

Good to get this info. I've canned a lot with the pressure cooker on our flat top stove with no issues but maybe I've just been lucky. I'll probably use the propane burner out on the deck in the future.
Dave

Good to get this info. I've canned a lot with the pressure cooker on our flat top stove with no issues but maybe I've just been lucky. I'll probably use the propane burner out on the deck in the future.
Dave

Cuts down the smells.....Got to love that..

Back