Islandgirl's tip of the year....

Islandgirl

I HATE.. absolutely hate cleaning smoker racks..

So I tried TSP.. Threw the racks in the sink and left them for a couple hours (actually I forgot about them).
The clean up was the EASIEST EVER! I had done a batch of moose jerky and even forgot to spray or oil the racks.. It was a snap, once brushing on each side.. simple!

Try it!

Good tip...though would want to give those a good scrub after. "Trisodium phosphate (TSP) - a mixture of soda ash and phosphoric acid. TSP is toxic if swallowed, but it can be used on many jobs, such as cleaning drains or removing old paint, that would normally require much more caustic and poisonous chemicals, and it does not create any fumes."

For me, I throw them on the bbq with the lid on, heat cranked ... like a self cleaning oven, couple scrapes with a wire brush, good to go.

For me, I throw them on the bbq with the lid on, heat cranked ... like a self cleaning oven, couple scrapes with a wire brush, good to go.

Good tip. I do the same with my BBQ. To clean the BBQ grate, I throw a heavy aluminum cookie sheet on the grate and crank the heat to full. After a bit, everything turns to white ash and is easily brushed off. Then a quick application of canola oil after it cools to keep it from rusting and all is good.

Back