Forum members BOATS

My boat Sea Ray 270 Amberjack, 6.2 merc with Bravo 3 leg. All the comforts of home and a full blown tackle shop on board.

Attachments

• April-Babies 081.jpg
    April-Babies 081.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 982
  • April-Babies 122.jpg
    April-Babies 122.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 983
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 985
Thanks Percy , no my boat generally resides in my yard in sechelt... When she's not circling sangster at 1.9kn!! Lol
Thanks Fish Catcher Jim!

Wow! Super impressive job Chris 73!! Not much cooler then a noble hull given a second life! Tight lines and fair seas to you!

If you must see this mess!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
an impressive transformation! Something to be said about getting something crappy that gives you the flex to customize the way you want. Dibs on first tyee.

My boat Sea Ray 270 Amberjack, 6.2 merc with Bravo 3 leg. All the comforts of home and a full blown tackle shop on board.

Very nice Part Timer. How do you like the Amberjack? I have been looking at the 270 and 290 for a fisher/cruiser that the wife can get onboard with.

Very nice Part Timer. How do you like the Amberjack? I have been looking at the 270 and 290 for a fisher/cruiser that the wife can get onboard with.

I absolutely love my 270. It was designed with both fishing and cruising in mind, as all the online reports say. It really gives you the best of both worlds. The stand up head is a hit with the ladies and is actually quite roomy.

With the 6.2 Horizon (377 cubic in high performance engine) the boat is a little slow getting on step and trim tabs must be used if you have a load on board. It will cruise at about 28 knots @ 4000 rpm once up and cruising and burn about 11 gallons per hour. The 8.1 Horizon puts out an additional 80 horse power and would make the boat preform a bit better at added fuel costs. Not many were made with the bigger engine.

The 290 is a whole different beast as it is 10 feet wide and has twin engines. The 290 would also be a bit big to trailer around as you would require permits etc. Operating costs would also be a whole different ball game.

I looked extensively at the Grady's, Pursuits and other walk arounds prior to buying mine and found the cabin areas of all comparable lengths to be too small. In all my years of fishing, I've never had the need to walk around my boat, nor have I had any issues in the 5 years of owning the 270. The boat has all the options for fishing, wash down, fish box, rod storage, bait table and a live bait well that works excellent as a beer cooler, just add salt ice. The standard Raymarine unit in the dash, will not accommodate radar, so I updated mine to a better unit with GPS,AIS and 14mile radar.

I don't really post here, I just read because I have much more to learn than to say - to be honest I haven't fished that much since I was a kid riding along with my dad. And he was a drift fisherman, so the only kind of fishing I know anything about at all, and little enough of that, is drifting through kelp beds and jigging homemade lures for kelp greenling.

But I do have a boat and gear, and this year I have decided to take on the project of learning something about fishing, so I read here a lot.

And at any rate, here's my old beater, which won't win any beauty contests, but she does get my wife and I to the cabin and back.

20' Double Eagle, runs on a 302/280. The 302 was replaced, I think, about ten years and 800 hours ago. The leg is probably original, but I do have a spare. Surprisingly quick...holeshot requires warnings to the passengers. Good deep Double Eagle hull with no rot as far as I know; the goal was to have a boat little kids wouldn't fall out of and I think this one fits the description.

yXqFyYmh.jpg

Proof the old warhorse still floats:

fiFmGoSh.jpg

And moves pretty good:

JvKmkcBh.jpg

Even my wife finds it relatively easy to pilot:

LVPIy1Ch.jpg

And she looks at home moored in the bay at the cabin, in the center of the pic there. Good Gulf Islands camo...people will think I'm an islander instead of some jerk Vancouverite.

xRZdmFYh.jpg

In fact I'm from Vancouver Island originally so I'm technically an islander, but I have consistently been a jerk for my entire adult life. So my need for a clever disguise boat is very real.

Nice clean boat Sasqman, looks in great shape.

Cracked_Ribs that looks like a solid boat perfect for a family and some good room for fishing :)

Here's me at the lake with my son in my little Sangster. It's great on the lake and seems to do fine on calm-ish days out in Sooke.
Cfx18oz.jpg

Dream boats a 19ft Arima but well outside the budget currently :)

This is my fishfinder. I love plate aluminum for some reason...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
This boat is a thing of Beauty!
I can also say this- it does a marvelous job busting down 4-6' chop, when the winds come up out of nowhere. I had the pleasure of following him back in it.
Thanks for paving the way Brian;)
did you get rid of the Grady too?
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back