Mobile Version

SFBC

Admin
Staff member
The question was asked and is being discussed in another thread about the Mobile Version. Please try out all the functionality on this platform as well as your tablets if you have them and report your findings. The forum is responsive to all sizes of viewing formats as far as we know. We would like to eliminate Tapatalk from our world if possible as it does bring instability into our world and has caused some issues in the past. I know that many of our users are used to and like Tapatalk but we are hopeful that their user experience with this new version will be an easy conversion.

Brian

Safari browser from iPad seems just fine....not finding any differences from my PC using IE or Chrome.

Can anyone give me a crash course on uploading from my mobile Android phone ?
I want to upload from my gallery, but once I get to the picture I'm confused
as to how to size the picture so it will upload ?

Hey Scott....not entirely sure what your interface looks like on your phone but try this.

You need to upload photos (for the most part due to size) TO your gallery, from what I can tell. You can add to a "category" but I haven't tried that yet, plus I'd rather have all of my photos in my gallery and not spread out among random categories.

If you are typing a POST and your images are less than 1MB in size you can add them directly into your post by clicking "Upload a File" which is below the text box and to the right. As mentioned in another thread I don't think you're going to find too many photos on phones that are going to be less than 1MB unless somehow your phone or an app compresses them. This is something we've mentioned that Admin needs to look into and we've mentioned hopefully to make this process easier.

Try these steps. (a few steps go away after you've created an album for YOUR media)
  • So.....click on "Media" which is the tab right next to forums.
  • On the right of the screen (if it looks similar to the web interface) you'll see a blue button that says "Add Media".
  • From there it will take you to a screen that asks where you want to add media to; select "An Album".
  • From there in the drop down "Create an Album".
  • As soon as you create an album you should see an "Upload Image from your Files".
  • Pick an image from your photos and upload it to your gallery; you may add a descriptor if you feel like it.
  • You should see all your photos in your gallery now.
If you want to add a photo from your Media Gallery into a post you are typing. Just click on the 'camera' icon in the editor panel and it will link directly to your gallery and add the pic you choose.

I loaded pics in yesterday.....but in typing this message I just click the camera icon, select the following pic and it's in the post.

View media item 10

Thanks Scott, will give it a try

Just tried adding from my phone. Due to the width of the screen you don't see all the tabs including the media one. Right next to the Forums tab which is the only one I see there are 3 lines which is a drop down for the other tabs not displayed on a small screen

But on my phone it worked essentially the same as noted above, same as doing it from a PC.

Using the time to get to the most recent post doesn't work on my android phone. Nothing happens when clicking on it.

I have had to try a couple times to get it on occasion...I think it's my fat fingers or bad eyesight!

Anyone noticing today that when typing from a mobile phone it has a bit of a lag? Mine was fine yesterday but it seems to lag a bit today?

My wif-fi at home is very fast which I am connected to.....just noticed a difference today?

Seems fine to me, but I'm not using that pitiful Safari browser Scott. Ha ha. Sorry can't resist poking at Apple.

Seems fine to me, but I'm not using that pitiful Safari browser Scott. Ha ha. Sorry can't resist poking at Apple.

Ha.....I ONLY use it on my iPad. Would NEVER go to an iPhone.....I utilize a VERY good Canadian product called the Blackberry.

The New OS 10 is far and above better than the iOS plus they also offer an Android phone too. I have an iPod too,(essentially an iPhone with no phone features) so it's functionality for mail, chat, browser, apps etc is the same as an iPhone as well. My Blackberry's communications module/organization called the Blackberry Hub is leaps and bounds beyond that in an iPhone.

I have been uploading from my phone today and haven't noticed much difference...maybe your neighbours are stealing your WiFi bandwidth! ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just a good natured ribbing. I like Linux and AndroidAndroid, they play well together as Google just appropriated the Linux kernel for their OS. Kde connect is an awesome APP for phone and computer. Links both together so I can use my Android as a remote control for media and keyboard. Shows all my phone notifications on my computer, and let's me transfer files wirelessly. As well as share my clipboard and Web pages. Pretty cool sync tool.

Using my phone to poke around the site again this morning. While Tapatalk is still more convenient for viewing on a small screen this version is very doable on a small screen without using Tapatalk. I have been using Opera Mini on my Android and everything displays and seems to work properly. No problems at all.

Back