Setting Preferences

Lotsa options for not receiving notifications about things you couldn't care less about. :p

Yup....just mentioned in my little feedback thread for Chris and Brian that I think ALL new users should be directed there before they even get going too far with the forum. It will stop a TON of bitching and moaning with questions like "how come I get an email every time someone replies to a thread I have posted in?" ;)

Right - and every time you comment on a thread, you become a watcher of that thread unless you turn it off.

Right - and every time you comment on a thread, you become a watcher of that thread unless you turn it off.

Ya....I have left it on so I get alerts every time a thread I started or have posted in has activity (posts) I get a notification.

Not sure after playing around here for a few hours, which is the better way to go? Turn those specific alerts off....or when replying/starting a thread make sure you click on "more options" when replying or just when starting a thread to click on "Watch this thread" at that point?

The Alerts are nothing annoying at this point with just a few of us posting but when viewing something like the Vancouver Reports thread (or any thread that gets a lot of activity) I would almost just be happier when visiting the forum to click on "New Posts" and see what's new in it.

I like the Alerts for when someone quotes/replies to you specifically or "likes" your post but they could get a bit much when the forum releases to a wider audience.

Maybe those switches can be defaulted to OFF. Switch 'em on if you like. :cool:

Yup....kind of as I just mentioned as we were typing at the same time. Just check the "follow/watch this thread".

Fairly forward to manage what you are watching too by going to this tab from the main forums page near the top. Just select what you don't want to watch or get notifications from and there is a drop down at the bottom.

http://bluecoast.ca/index.php?watched/threads

Last edited:
Back