2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today we got out to Tunstall by 800am. The original intention was going further into the Howe Sound but it was windy. We immediately found bait. And got a spring that was 2 cm under legal. Then five minutes later we thought we had a nice spring, turned out to be a chum. It put up a great fight, we released it. Then nine more spring between 50cm and 60cm.. so give it a couple weeks and they'll be 62cm. lots of fun, most action in a while.

Today we got out to Tunstall by 800am. The original intention was going further into the Howe Sound but it was windy. We immediately found bait. And got a spring that was 2 cm under legal. Then five minutes later we thought we had a nice spring, turned out to be a chum. It put up a great fight, we released it. Then nine more spring between 50cm and 60cm.. so give it a couple weeks and they'll be 62cm. lots of fun, most action in a while.
thats awesome was the chum coloured up or still chrome?

Heading out to Tunstall area tomorrow. Will report. Anyone else going to be out and about?

Heading out to Tunstall area tomorrow. Will report. Anyone else going to be out and about?
Think I saw you out there, we were in blue canvas Arima. The Grady that was there bonked one. Beautiful day out but no hits for us. Crabbing is picking back up though.

Think I saw you out there, we were in blue canvas Arima. The Grady that was there bonked one. Beautiful day out but no hits for us. Crabbing is picking back up though.
We had a ton of action. Into 7 fish 4 just a hair under, others not so close. One guy fishing beside us by himself doubled up, both were legal and off he went ;) We dragged bottom doing the Tunstall bay loop, all but one fish on the deep rods. Still haven’t found a good crabbing spot in the Bowen area. ;(. Next time swing by and say hi. I’ll keep an eye out for you. Good luck.

Must be really fun in the straight right now

upload_2020-10-30_13-36-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-30_13-36-51.jpeg
    upload_2020-10-30_13-36-51.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 25
The plan was to hit it Monday but hmm se 25 knot guesting to 35 knots sort of makes staring at panes of glass for 10 hours seem like all sorts of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back