Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow this morning, 1 keeper coho for our efforts. Good orca show off the Head within spitting distance of us as we were trolling. I had to throw the boat out of gear for fear of hitting that new little baby. He looks healthy and is certainly full of p and v!

Speaking of coho, does any one on here agree with me that the lure the cohokiller is over priced for what you get??THE FIRST decent sized coho you catch you have to try to bend the pennies worth of tin back into form and they want 11.95 for the lure.........My opinion anyway................C.A.

Speaking of coho, does any one on here agree with me that the lure the cohokiller is over priced for what you get??THE FIRST decent sized coho you catch you have to try to bend the pennies worth of tin back into form and they want 11.95 for the lure.........My opinion anyway................C.A.
I don’t use them. Wee-G pretty much the same thing but stronger. Not unbreakable by any means but much stronger than a coho killer.
I found earlier in season the small spoons worked best but last few weeks hootchies did better and they don’t bend.

Agreed! I switched to The Hammer spoon from Left Coast lures and have never looked back. Stainless and a local manufacturer. Hard to go wrong!
https://www.leftcoastlures.com/store/c7/3.25"_needlefish_lures.html

I’ve solved that problem. Bend it back and catch another, Repeat.
Definitely put on a new hook before using them though.

Spent a couple of hours on the hook for hail out of Pedder yesterday. No luck,,, a couple of dogfish and ratfish. Trolled around the bay for a couple of hours as well, hoping to pick up a fish but no luck there either. Only a couple of boats out around the can and didn't see any nets out. Saw a couple of coho at the cleaning station that guys said they picked up off of Secretary.

Spent a couple of hours on the hook for hail out of Pedder yesterday. No luck,,, a couple of dogfish and ratfish. Trolled around the bay for a couple of hours as well, hoping to pick up a fish but no luck there either. Only a couple of boats out around the can and didn't see any nets out. Saw a couple of coho at the cleaning station that guys said they picked up off of Secretary.
thanks for the update Newf, still sounds better than my day sitting in a closterphobic office for 8hrs

thanks for the update Newf, still sounds better than my day sitting in a closterphobic office for 8hrs
Forgot to mention that we got 8 nice crab out of two pots so that made the skunk on the fishing side a bit easier. Several very large females in there as well.

Late start today, 11-2. Out to 400 feet off Possession with a couple other boats, with a short trip planned due to the BWD forecast to be off the water by 1:00. Released a 52 cm feeder spring from 200 ft on APHerring, and continuous shakers. Hooked into an 8-9 # wild on a uv white hootchie at 90ft in 330 feet of water off the head and canned it up this evening. I guess they're still around, but hard to find amidst all the jacks at the top of the bay. The wind finally did pick up at 2:00 but it was pretty flat still.

Out the last two days and tough slugging. 2 winter springs and an 8 pound wild coho. Nice water today and some humpback shows off Otter Pt. Lots of bait balls around most of the day and a few chum jumpers still out there too. 14 nice crab for the 2 days. Out Tuesday for Hali and that will be a wrap on another summer/fall season working from the dock. Back on the trailer for the winter trips.

Might not be the place to post this but I am having problems with my macerator pump blowing fuses. I have a 2007 trophy 2352 and I do not think the pump is working correctly as when I leave it on it blows the fuse. Works and then not, I have changed the fuse out 2x in the last 3 months. I think I have to change out the macerator unit. Anyone have the same problem or advice?
Paul

Might not be the place to post this but I am having problems with my macerator pump blowing fuses. I have a 2007 trophy 2352 and I do not think the pump is working correctly as when I leave it on it blows the fuse. Works and then not, I have changed the fuse out 2x in the last 3 months. I think I have to change out the macerator unit. Anyone have the same problem or advice?
Paul
No worries Paul, takes a bit to learn the different sections. @Admin Move to Boat, Motor, etc section.

Fished down close to Sombrio today for halibut and unfortunately couldn't stay long enough to catch the tide change as guests had to leave...so no halibut...but 9 more nice crab. What a beauty day to run west and sit on the hook....no swell, flat calm, sunny and quite warm. Wanted to stay longer for sure.
sombrio.jpg

Just moved to Victoria. Usually fish Campbell River and Hornby. Going to try Beecher Bay this weekend. Was planning to troll the bottom for springs. Was out last weekend and got lots of small shakers. Lots of bait balls. Don't really know the area so will troll from the harbour to the point? How do guys do jigging the kelp beds around there? Will try anchovy, skinny g, and glow hoochies. Any tips or general areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Just moved to Victoria. Usually fish Campbell River and Hornby. Going to try Beecher Bay this weekend. Was planning to troll the bottom for springs. Was out last weekend and got lots of small shakers. Lots of bait balls. Don't really know the area so will troll from the harbour to the point? How do guys do jigging the kelp beds around there? Will try anchovy, skinny g, and glow hoochies. Any tips or general areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You could try Whirl Bay, out of Becher Bay and head east.

Watch out for RCA from Fraser island to Bedfords (East side of Becher bay) lots of nice looking kelp beds in there but off limits to most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back