Jigging for Big Lake Trout in Horse Lake

Ben Fougere

We caught some big lake trout in Horse Lake while learning how to jig for them. Time for a bigger net. Here's our video:

Such a good video, thanks for sharing. Two questions for you if you dont mind sharing.
1. What type of boat is that? 14ft smokercraft alaskan?
2. Do you mark fish on your depth sounder before you start jigging an area?

I can tell you what we have . 14ft Lund sv. 20hp Mercury 4 stroke. with 2 people and all gear. 2 electric Scotties etc easy cruise at 18mph. can hit 24mph if wide open and dead calm.

Such a good video, thanks for sharing. Two questions for you if you dont mind sharing.
1. What type of boat is that? 14ft smokercraft alaskan?
2. Do you mark fish on your depth sounder before you start jigging an area?

We have a 14ft Lund with a 15hp Mercury. I love the split benches in the back.

I mark the fish on my fish finder then send my jig down.

Thanks for the reply, really liking your Facebook page. Ive had a 12ft smokercraft for 10yrs but am just getting serious into kokanee fishing. Got my downriggers setup, two new rods (luhr jensen & velocity ninja), a pile of tackle, just need some reels and days off lol

Thanks for the reply, really liking your Facebook page. Ive had a 12ft smokercraft for 10yrs but am just getting serious into kokanee fishing. Got my downriggers setup, two new rods (luhr jensen & velocity ninja), a pile of tackle, just need some reels and days off lol

I'm glad you're enjoyed our Facebook group. We love promoting kokanee fishing in British Columbia. Afterall, who doesn't love to eat fresh landlocked sockeye salmon? The reels and days off will definitely come in due time. It took us a while to build up our gear to what we have now. There will always be something you "want." Usually, if you're like me, you'll have everything you need. Time to plan an ice fishing trip for kokanee now :)

Excellent video. The boy's enthusiasm and excitement=priceless. Good job.

HM

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I can watch this video over and over. That day will be a day I never forget.

great video .that's a 9.9 hp so the young fishers can work it for a few years. From dawn to dusk those young sprog were enthusiastic and cooperated .well done dad .Soon they will have taken there own independence and may not call ..we are still here for you ben. spank them in the name of conservation.;)

great video .that's a 9.9 hp so the young fishers can work it for a few years. From dawn to dusk those young sprog were enthusiastic and cooperated .well done dad .Soon they will have taken there own independence and may not call ..we are still here for you ben. spank them in the name of conservation.;)

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. We have a 15hp. Wish we had a 25.

I'm looking forward to fishing with them for years to come.

Back