2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished SH today from 9 to 10 them 11 to 3. Why you might ask? Well the buddy wanted to drive... and snag a commercial trap popping off both riggers.... anyhow... Started about 9, landed an 18 about 905am. Then "hilarity" ensued. Went to PNT for a r-up. Back to SH at 11, went 2 for 3 by noon. all shallow at 66ft on the rigger in 200ft of water. Fished another hour, landed a wild ho and some shakers. Called it quits as one of the guests were a special shade of green. All in all a great day in shnotty water

Living dangerously only having two balls on board! :eek: That’s why I don’t let buddies drive. Unless they’re a “qualified captain”. :p

Going to be a nice week wind and weather wise . Going to give it a good effort tomorrow.
Keep the reports coming please

Fished the cap yesterday. Saw 4 fish caught all day one of which was my 15?16?17?lb wild spring (red)
Soft hit but he had some power when she realized she was hooked. Ripped back and forth at the back of the boat, lots of trying to toss the hooks thrashing then a skillful net job by my buddy brought her in the boat9C10CAEE-CE44-4E1E-8263-B6F5F6500B78.jpeg
Forgot to mention.... got her on anchovies dragging bottom. Jdf teaser head, clear/ Uv green stripe

Last edited:
One upper teens spring and one 14 lb chum at SH. Anchovies, 50 - 70 ft. Great weather today, and even better for those who will be able to make it out mid-week - jealous.

Edit: forgot the spare part I needed to repair one of the downriggers, so using the emergency crank handle on the today and bringing back memories of the old Scotty Depthmasters

6F1E6B6D-A3AC-4EF9-AC54-8908C370C595.jpeg

Last edited:
Fished the cap yesterday. Saw 4 fish caught all day one of which was my 15?16?17?lb wild spring (red)
Soft hit but he had some power when she realized she was hooked. Ripped back and forth at the back of the boat, lots of trying to toss the hooks thrashing then a skillful net job by my buddy brought her in the boatView attachment 57456
A red at the cap this time of year?! What the hell is going on??? Great looking fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back