2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished SH 7 to noon. Choppy early, then winds pickup, fog smog came in. 1 under size, couple of shakers. Left early, should know better winds from west is never good. Back tomorrow.

Our fight for fair fishing is not over ! From the look of how many boats were on the water later week at the Sandheads alone compared to how many have signed the petition its obvious some have not signed up and if you haven't you should be ashamed of yourself. So please sign it !
Lets all get involved and this is a start to show the Gov't we are not going to just accept one weekend of fishing. We all fish or none of us fish !
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2725
Thanks for posting the link, I had not been monitoring the form for a few months due to DFO insanity in their regulations.
I just signed the petition and I hope everyone that reads this signs it as well.

I would like to get out one last time but my girlfriend would be fing pissed. Women cost money in more ways than one.
So does fish in the grocery store. That’s what I tell her(we are providers:p). Found one late this afternoon off pink apts. snuck our after work, tide still ripping hard so stayed away from cap mouth. Mid-high teens. Chovie deep. Wasn’t much going on for other boats by looks of it but wasn’t out for long.

Attachments

• 4C79AF9B-92D5-443E-83E8-FEFF1AC63124.png
    4C79AF9B-92D5-443E-83E8-FEFF1AC63124.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
First year fishing mouth of fraser... can anyone tell me if Friday and this weekend may be slow due to the rainfall this week? I've heard a steady few days of rain pushes a lot of fish up the river and makes fishing the following few days at NA and SH quite slow. If an experienced guy who has fished this area for many years can chime in that would be really appreciated. Also, how does everything think the fishing has been for this September compared to previous years?

Looks like your sometimers has kicked in , sometimes u remember and sometimes u dont , dont worry anchovies havent got me nothin today so far, I'm thinking of switching to spoons and superfast trolling

Tuesday seems like another tough day which has been the case lately... Started off early sept with med herring and got no love.. then switched over to new crispy anchovies and did started to do better... On tuesday the anchovy wasn't working for me and didn't seem like it was working for others as well since I didn't see any nets out for most of the day. I decided to switch things up and had some med herring that was old and stale. Threw them out and got 2 springs both 15+ pounders within 2 hours. Can't say for sure it was the herring but they didn't seem to mind it that day... perhaps their appetite is for larger bait at the moment? No harm in trying if there is no action at the moment... good luck out there..

Are cohos showing up in numbers around the Point Grey area? They should already be stacked near the mile markers by mid September if It’s good coho year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back