2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started at about 6 am, dropped the trap and started fishing in front of Saxe point, headed down to the breakwater and did several loops and then headed back to Saxe. Only had 1 hit all day, in front Macaulay/Fleming’s. It was a small spring about 50 cm so I tossed it back. Tried bait on both, switched to purple haze spoon on the other. The hit was on the spoon, and to mix things up, I used a small dodger as well. 60’.

9 crab in the trap (all males ‍♂️) , 4 keepers

Tried the waterfront with my two boys this morning Dropped a trap then fished from 7 till 8:30 with no luck. Lots of boats out but didn’t see any action
It was really messy out there. Must have been residual from the wind yesterday We got two nice keepers in trap.

Lots of boats on the flats Monday. Surprised there is no report even though there wasn't much going on. Saw no salmon caught, even the bottom fish were tough. Got my licence checked by a pretty lady in a fisheries boat. She had only heard of one over sized released. Wind picked up in the pm as forecast.

They called for high winds today and it was flat calm till 2pm. I was on the water at 7am and did 4-5 runs from Brotchie and Sax pt. A dozen boats out there and I didn't see any nets in the air. Went over to Albert Head around 10ish and picked up a hatchery Coho about 4-5lbs. Has anyone been out to Constance Bank lately? Thinking it may be worth a run out there if the winds are low.

We were out yesterday (Aug 3) for four hours off Trial Island and then on the waterfront with nothing until the very end -- last pass before heading home and got a smallish Chinook. Herring with teaser head on one side, green/glow/black coho killer on the other -- the hit came on the spoon. Between 60-80' deep. Didn't see but two or three boats on the flats, so good for you, beemer and kildonan! Glad to hear the flats can produce; it's closer than the waterfront for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back