Osoyoos Lake Sockeye 2020

Can anyone confirm with me the rules regarding kids keeping salmon? I have a 6yo boy who will be fishing with me; does his catch count toward my limit, or is it similar to freshwater regs where he has his own limit?

Would be nice if CO/DFO had a number I could call to ask this (aside from RAPP/safety line)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...shing/recreational-freshwater-fishing-licence

If you are under 16 years of age:

If you are under 16 and a resident of B.C.:

• you may sport fish without any licence or stamp, but you must abide by all regulations;
  • you do not need to be accompanied by a licence holder;
  • you are entitled to your own quota of fish.
If you are under 16 and a non-resident of B.C.:

• you do not require any licence or stamp to sport fish, but you must abide by all regulations and be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older (resident or non-resident) who has the appropriate licences and stamps;
  • any fish you keep must be counted as part of the catch and possession of your accompanying licence holder;
  • if you want to catch and keep your own quota of fish, you must buy a licence and any necessary supplementary licences and stamps.

I got two after losing 4 in a row yesterday. I got there early, but didn't get in to much until the sun was nearing the top of the hills. I couldn't go less than 1.5 mph so that's what I did. Orange mini hootchie did better than pink. Someone at the ramp said switch to purple or green as the sun climbs. I used dummy flashers below my hook, but others didn't and were still catching. Lots of fish at 30-40ft but the biters seemed to be at 60-70. Ramp experience was friendly and just fine. Fish are getting darker, tasted very good, and are sure slimy.

Well we had tons of fun but landed none. Took most of the morning to figure out depth and pattern using dipsy divers on a speedboat with no depth/sonar (gotta work with what you’ve got), but then we had 5 on the line between 11 and 12. By the time I realized a snubber would have been smart, we were all hot and tired and the bite was off :) family just wanted to swim anyway ;)

I’ll back with my kayak and downrigger in a few days. Slowest I could get the boat to go was 2mph with the ladder down haha, lots of turning. Bites were on a small hoochie (3/0 red octopus tipped with pink corn) about 15” behind a 10” Gibbs flasher/dodger separated from the diver with a 5’ leader, around 60’. Still trying to decide on a decent affordable fish finder that will work with my kayak setup...

Well we had tons of fun but landed none. Took most of the morning to figure out depth and pattern using dipsy divers on a speedboat with no depth/sonar (gotta work with what you’ve got), but then we had 5 on the line between 11 and 12. By the time I realized a snubber would have been smart, we were all hot and tired and the bite was off :) family just wanted to swim anyway ;)

I’ll back with my kayak and downrigger in a few days. Slowest I could get the boat to go was 2mph with the ladder down haha, lots of turning. Bites were on a small hoochie (3/0 red octopus tipped with pink corn) about 15” behind a 10” Gibbs flasher/dodger separated from the diver with a 5’ leader, around 60’. Still trying to decide on a decent affordable fish finder that will work with my kayak setup...

STRIKER 4 GARMIN

fish are smaller this year 2lbs - 20" avg, long drive time for tiny ones... 50-70FT is the range and moonjelly flashers and uv flashers seem to be working well with 2 and 1.5" squirt hoochies. 1.3 - 1.5mph seems to be the speed as well.

I would drive to Oliver for a game of golf, so cost wise this will be less. It's entertainment in Covid times, not the poundage. I'm going to go for my second attempt tomorrow. Leaving at 2:15am.

ok. been trolling around out here for a few hrs now. fished up and down the water column. not a bite. i've seen 2 fish caught. very slow for us

ok. been trolling around out here for a few hrs now. fished up and down the water column. not a bite. i've seen 2 fish caught. very slow for us

Always slows around 10:30 or so then picks up usually around 11 - 11:30 atleast it did the last time I fished it then goes off again after 12:30 roughly.. run some dummy flashers or attractors off the ball

I’m going to try around 4pm will see what happens. If it slow I will troll for rainbows

I’m not going to say it’s great but you can catch few . I only fished for 3 mins and had a bite. Kids were getting sick the lake was pretty rough from
All the wake boats. Went and had dinner on the beach. We stopped and spoke to a friend who had just dropped his lines for a min and he landed one right in front of us. It’s nice way to spend a evening the ski boats started heading home around 5-6pm

It was good toward the north end between 5:45-7:00 this morning. White glow mini hootch, 18" leader, green flasher. rod was at 67', ball about 75. One dummy on 5' leash, rod was up 6 feet and back 10' from clip. I put my electric motor down in reverse to slow down from 1.5mph sometimes. Time to get ready for an ocean trip, so that's enough of that experience for this year.

^ Same here. En route to Winter Harbour today.

Was out yesterday at 5am (left westbank at 3:15am), launched on the beach and powered to the north end caught 1 at 6:30am, then cooled off till 8:45 and limited out with 3 more with the wifes uncle by 9:30am. 18" leader , 30 feet back down 56'. Pink squirt and green moonjelly red racer and clear moonjelly red racer were the trick.

Back