Hey Kelowna!

Seems to be, shannon lake its just up the road from my house and its not uncommon to get 5- 8lb bows out of there and sometimes higher like that 11lb in the fall and spring on chronies especially! I wouldnt eat those fish though as there is the golf course there. All those pesticides and fertilizers draining into the water..

Seems to be, shannon lake its just up the road from my house and its not uncommon to get 5- 8lb bows out of there and sometimes higher like that 11lb in the fall and spring on chronies especially! I wouldnt eat those fish though as there is the golf course there. All those pesticides and fertilizers draining into the water..

I fished it too many times to count back in the late 70’s and 80’s. No trout back then. We only kept the perch in the winter. The summer bass where muddy, but fun to catch and release.
Are they stocking as part of the “Triploid rainbow “ program. Those are impressive fish for that body of water. Sounds like a real success story for accessible family fishing opportunities.

I fished it too many times to count back in the late 70’s and 80’s. No trout back then. We only kept the perch in the winter. The summer bass where muddy, but fun to catch and release.
Are they stocking as part of the “Triploid rainbow “ program. Those are impressive fish for that body of water. Sounds like a real success story for accessible family fishing opportunities.

Id have to check the stocking records but I dont believe they are triploid would have to double check!

Thanks for that.
I figured they had to be if getting big like that and not having a natural spawning system .

Oops !! Seems in my haste I posted what should have been a text to my niece. Awesome.

deleted now.

Back