Looking for 50hp

slaydown

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my motor on my 16fter, it seems like this is the worst time to buy. Called some places and turn around is too long as I got a trip to Bamfield mid Aug. Any leads on a 50 new/used please let me know. On a side note.I am at hathaway lake right now and my motor did something strange. When I primed the ball it stayed soft and when I pulled the cover I could see with every pump a little stream of gas from the bottom inside of the carburetor. With the motor off I lifted the throttle arm and i guess something repeated, because all of a sudden it stopped pissing out. I have no idea what happened but now after running it, it seems fine.
Its a 2000 so I think its time to upgrade.

I have a tohatsu kicker which has been good, the main is a merc but I would look at any of the big names.

Depends where you are located.
Bill Howich was running some ads lately in my local, Campbell River.
The issue with etec is that they are now discontinued, they 'say' there are still producing parts.
I do really like the engine even with that issue.

I
Depends where you are located.
Bill Howich was running some ads lately in my local, Campbell River.
The issue with etec is that they are now discontinued, they 'say' there are still producing parts.
I do really like the engine even with that issue.
I should have specified I am on the mainland. Just spoke to a Honda rep, not sure on those motors

I ran a Honda 50 for 10 seasons.
pretty reliable, a few quirks though.
watch for corrosion in the prop housing, it will split the gearcase.

I've got a 2005 60hp E - Tech for sale with all controls and tank. It runs great but not a huge upgrade from your 2000 50hp E -Tech.. I listed it on usedvic if you're interested? I've no idea what's it worth but was asking $3,200

Back