SOLD Ucluelet Lot For Sale $319,000 obo

Corey_lax

Crew Member
We’re looking to sell a lot in Ucluelet suitable for building a home or vacation property. We just can’t see us building and using it enough with the long commute from the mainland. It’s on marine drive near black rock resort with a view of the ocean but on the opposite side of the street of the water. There is a vacant lot on the other side but if a house is built there, it would be much lower than this lot so it shouldn’t obstruct the view.
https://www.rew.ca/properties/2740885/741-marine-drive-ucluelet-bc

God that would be nice. I haven't spent much time in Ucluelet but that looks like a serviced lot. If Jordan River wasn't so close to Victoria and my business and the world didn't have covid...... Hope it sells for you quick!
I believe the hydro, water, sewer are all at the sidewalk spot ready for a new build. There is manholes for the services in the ground where they have prepped for what would be the driveway. I think the new houses on the street have underground power instead of power lines. I may be wrong. It's been a few years since we last checked on it haha.

Thanks @kaelc I think a prefab is the way to go in Ucluelet. Quick build because every builder is basically an out-of-towner.
I would check with by law zoning regarding pre fab homes before purchasing anything As they aren’t allowed in Tofino

I would check with by law zoning regarding pre fab homes before purchasing anything As they aren’t allowed in Tofino
Hmmm that’s strange. You can basically get a pre fabbed homes customized to look like anything you want. You can make it look like exactly what the city wants it to look like so what’s the problem with prefabbed homes?

Hmmm that’s strange. You can basically get a pre fabbed homes customized to look like anything you want. You can make it look like exactly what the city wants it to look like so what’s the problem with prefabbed homes?
I was only making a suggestion in the discussion.
Have you seen any while driving around Tofino? I’ve never seen any in Ukee either except in the trailer parks.

I think we are talking about different prefabbed homes. We’re not talking trailer park homes. These can look however you want it to look. It can be preassembled walls with siding or it can be modular portions of a building that get assembled together on site. It wouldn’t look any different than conventional building, but much of the work is done in a shop rather than building it piece by piece on site.

it’s just a way to have less build time on site so you don’t have to pay the builder from Nanaimo or wherever for 4 months of out of town work. Build a foundation and then the house gets assembled in 3 weeks pretty much.

Not quite trailer park status haha

Attachments

• 2F387E50-985F-4AC1-B9E0-C153A5E1F067.png
    2F387E50-985F-4AC1-B9E0-C153A5E1F067.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
I live in one myself in Nanaimo

I was just making an observation

My cousin just had a 4000sqft prefab home done last year in Port Alberti. All pre built in a nice dry shop and delivered to site on trucks and reassembled on site. You would never know that it was built off site.

Aces has a very valid point. Ucluelet may be a different municipality. But growing up in Ukee I never ever saw a pre fab home come into town other then a new trailer for the park. That project that’s been put to light on marine drive is a recent thing. It’s been put in place specially to help Ucluelet gain more workers/families. Ukee has lots of work but not a lot of workers. As with the current housing market it’s almost impossible for a new growing family to buy or live there. They want younger people to come in and make a life. So this was there way of doing it.

So with this special project the way the district has gone about making things more low cost is by using pre fab homes.. But it’s in a designated area just like a trailer park. As it essentially is.. Now with the new mayor. He is into the growth of numbers in Ucluelet. Which I think helped that project immensely become possible. As before keeping Ucluelet a small unique tourist town was the agenda. But to say because of that project these homes are allowed...

But on the other hand to say they are impossible to be there. I would think with the current status of Ucluelet may not be the case. As pre fab homes have come a long way and as been mentioned can be customized. I’m sure the new mayor would rather a lot have a home then not. But I’m sure a few hoops would have to be jumped through first. As it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to hear of laws against them. But I don’t think I would like to see the inside of one of those after going over that road. Especially over the construction of the new section going in.

One thing both communities share is the essence of being unique. They take great pride in it as they should. Millions of tourists don’t come to these communities just to see sights. It’s the whole experience they come for and to see. It’s the experience as a whole they come back to. Adding buildings or infrastructure to take away from that would be stupid to say the least. They don’t have any fast food places for a reason. Chain companies are something they both try to avoid.

Aces has a very long past in Tofino. Definitely what he says carries some knowledge and fact. Observation as it may. I would think looking into the by law zoning would be smart before coming to conclusions. I can understand your thoughts as you have not lived in these communities. But from living there as both aces and I have done. You learn to understand and appreciate what these communities are. Why things are done a certain way and what laws or rules are in place for a reason. Even though it makes no sense to you.

I would really consider ICFs and SIPs for any build in Ukee (or surrounding area up to Tofino for that matter). Quicker builds and less wastage. I've had very good experiences building with both ICFs and SIPs. Done a tone of ICF foundations, but also one all the way up to the roof. SIPs is quite handy too. Just try and keep all plumbing to inside walls for both systems (common practice anyway). Pretty easy for electricians to deal with both of these systems. HVAC may result is some drops etc, but all can be built into design..

I was just trying to point out these small towns have lots of rules that don’t always make sense

Tofino turned down a proposal for a much needed 100 unit apartment building because they didn’t like the landscaping and the developers wanted a 40 unit motel adjacent to help generate cash flow. 5 years later that land is still vacant and there’s not nearly enough affordable accommodations for the working people

Its better to do your homework before you make too many plans.

I was just trying to point out these small towns have lots of rules that don’t always make sense

Tofino turned down a proposal for a much needed 100 unit apartment building because they didn’t like the landscaping and the developers wanted a 40 unit motel adjacent to help generate cash flow. 5 years later that land is still vacant and there’s not nearly enough affordable accommodations for the working people

Its better to do your homework before you make too many plans.
Good advice!!

Check zoning if you think you would like to rent it out nightly as there is a requirement there as well. There's very specific uses with in each zoning type in Ucluelet. If you don't want to rent it out when your not using then it doesn't matter. The newer part of Marine Dr does on parts of it have building spec requirements, that lot is right at the beginning of the newer section and may miss it. I know the larger waterfront lots have a minimum size, style off roof, siding and color requirements. Definitely ask lots of questions when inquiring.

Back