Coating downrigger balls

some funky stuff there,lol, but what about the headline?...see anything wrong with it?,maybe a typo?,lol....holmes*

DOWNRIGGER BALLS PLUS!!New 18LB Finned Ball!! - $2 (n/surrey)

I don't see it??? What am I missing? lol

I actually bought 4 - 15lbers off this guy last year. He used quality lead and I think I paid 20 each at the time. I think he sells them for $25 now.

Merle's his name, probably one of the better sources of downrigger balls sold privately on the mainland....for those who are looking.

Wow. I hope the colour schemes are a product of an lsd flashback rather than lead fumes. I'd buy 'em though.

I've bought from Merle before as well. He's a good guy and I can recommend his product.

Sent from my HTC

Anybody considering using Plasti-Dip for d/rigger balls.......don't waste your money.

I tried it.......stuff comes off after you put a couple of scratches/dings on the ball.

No.....the original reason was to maximize isolate the ball electrically from the wire.

Then colored coatings and Glow came along.

Does add more protection to the ball as well.

The lead poisoning thing is vastly over-rated. The way they spin it you would think there is Cyanide mixed in with the lead.

An occasional handling isn't going to do much.....prolonged exposure will.

Just wash your hands good after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glow and UV colours are a hoax. They have no attraction properties what so ever. :)
Seen this and so I kinda agree after 100 ft pretty much any color is lost , so why paint balls ? So does that count for jigs as well (now I'm really confused) Screenshot_20200404-074838_Facebook.jpg

Back