Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully day or two sooner lol... 13th home time for us but back 25-31 for the family trip.
We’ll putting in the time...
Nootka always provides!!!

Everything was packed for heading out tomorrow morning.... one more check of the main this evening to make sure it fires up, no out of the blue issues. Noticed some dripping fuel out the mid section area, pop the covers off and find a pitted through fuel pressure regulator. 1998 Suzuki DF70. So will be searching for that part first thing to hopefully still make it out to Nootka tomorrow. In CR, so going to try boatland and expand from there. Hope someone has one in stock.

Hello friends,

first time poster long time Nootka enthusiast/ obsessor... heading out on the 18th for a couple days and wondering if anyone has been fishing the inside? Any luck at Camel Rock, Hoisse Point?

Hello friends,

first time poster long time Nootka enthusiast/ obsessor... heading out on the 18th for a couple days and wondering if anyone has been fishing the inside? Any luck at Camel Rock, Hoisse Point?

Welcome to the forum and post up a report for us during/after your trip! I'm heading up to Esperanza with the legendary @cohochinook on the 15th. Will post a report.

Hello friends,

Welcome! I'm headed up to Moutcha 13-17th. I'll post as I can. Looks like the weather is finally going to turn.

Hello friends,

you’ll get fish there on the dates you mentioned. have lines in the water wicked early; think 5am ;the sound can turn off in an instant

W
Welcome! I'm headed up to Moutcha 13-17th. I'll post as I can. Looks like the weather is finally going to turn.
We get there on the 17th, fishing the inshore on the 18th and going offshore on the 19th. The inshore I’ve always done well with the white needlefish hootchies on a green onion or green glow flasher. Have produced as well as anchovies... I hear there are lots of squid in the area right now

Heading up the 16-22 can't wait! Will try and report while there but for sure when back. Staying at Moutcha Bay. 18 foot Searay Laguna and 27 foot whaler CC. Cheers!

I searched the DFO website to see if any updates on regulations for Ferrer Point on July 15th. Couldn't see anything at all? Last couple of years it closed then. Has anyone heard anything?

I searched the DFO website to see if any updates on regulations for Ferrer Point on July 15th. Couldn't see anything at all? Last couple of years it closed then. Has anyone heard anything?

this was on the coho map. finfish closure

Attachments

• C96CAF3E-F8F7-4479-98A7-11D63591E04E.png
    C96CAF3E-F8F7-4479-98A7-11D63591E04E.png
    547.7 KB · Views: 59
Finally back on solid ground after a couple of weeks out at Critterville. The fishing was spotty at times and other times it seemed that this was the day it was finally picking up. There was definitely an early morning bite, and it wasn't hard to get the crew locked and loaded at 4:30 a.m., getting them to stay up after 9:00 at night was out of the question. I fished hard at Escalante a few mornings and had the whole shooting match to myself except for one day. Anchovies still seemed to be the ticket for me, though flash flies and coho killers had their moments. I have never caught so many fish that had seal scrapes or big flesh wounds, has anyone else noticed how beat up some of the chinook are? I tried the tide swing a few times at Burdwood and picked up a lot of coho and some chinook in the lower teens, caught a school of clipped coho with the biggest being maybe 6 pounds, bodes well for the rest of the season. I staggered the downriggers and fished shallow in the a.m. and then started going deeper as the day went on. The most success for me was between 30 and 40 feet. The fishing off of Maquinna is starting to pick up and I did pick up some nicer fish at around the 55 foot mark. Again, the fish that we caught had very little in their bellies, mostly running fish, one person at the cleaning table did have one fish out of three that was full of mid sized squid, go figure. It is still very quiet boat wise out on the chuck, except for times at Beano, Maquinna and Wash where you may see up to 12 boats, you can usually find a hiding place that you can fish nearly all by yourself (I tend to like the solitude out there, it is quite addicting), especially if I had time to fish by myself. Remember the multitude of changes that come with the July 15th regulations, it opens up additional areas, closes others and puts maximum size restrictions on the 1 nm line in most areas. Most regulations are the same as last year though I still haven't seen a posted map of the Chinook regulations, usually comes out on the 14th to the 17th (again, go figure).
Will be back at Critter for another trip next week, maybe catch some of you on the water or at the dock, until then play safe and tight lines and as a good friend once told us "For "F" sakes, keep your rod tip up, don't point it at the fish, you are not shooting gophers!!!!!!!"
Cheers
p.s. looks like the weather is still fickle out there, pack lots of rain gear and suntan lotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back