Tisdall Lake - Cariboo

Michael Turner

Anyone have experience here? I don't typically fish this far north and would like to know what might be good this time of year for fly fishing (troll and under an indicator). Should I be using what I would down in the Merritt area? Thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance.

No info on Tisdall specifically but, just back from two trips off Hwy 24 (lac des Roches and Bridge) and weather has been unbelievably terrible up there (relentless rain and wind). Surface temps are still under 60F with callibaetis and sedges hatching when the weather is less foul. I would suspect if any stable weather materializes, there will still be plenty of hatches and with the cool lake temps fish still on the shoals (fly fishing) and in the upper 15ft (trolling) for the remainder of July (and maybe we’ll into August?!!).

Check out the FlyBC forum and post your question there, should be able to get some info from that community. Also, depending on your travel route, both the Little Fort and Lone Butte fly/tackle shops are great sources of info.

Cheers!

Ukee

Back