Your Background

Thanks guys for the feedback much appreciated see you tommorow cutlass very sunny calm day today.

Wolf

Here's a thread from last year. I pulled it back to life in hopes that others would tell a story.

I found this thread and I thought it was a good one, especially since I am new to the board and as Mr. Dean said, lets tell a story.

So here is mine...

I grew up in Metchosin and started fishing at Mcreight Lake, north of CR when I was 3 years old w/ my dad, we went every may long weekend for as long as I could remember. When I was 6 I got to go on my first salmon trip to sooke (otter point) in a 12' aluminum with a 7.5 merc, I was hooked. Soon after, my parents bought a cabin at Overease Bay, north of Otter Point and I was double hooked. I fished everyday at Otter point, Sheringham point and the bays in between, until I was 18, in a 12' aluminum and either a 9.8 merc or a 5 hp seagul. I was also very lucky to fish with a guy named Alex, who just happened to write for the T/C and wrote some of the eartly books about salmon fishing. He taught me so much about salmon and salmon behaviour, and how to catch them. Back then it was wire line, petze reels and 1-2 lbs cannon balls, along with the odd meat line out the back;)

After graduating from college, I started to fish out of bamfield and used to guide for the old Bamfield lodge, then Tyee Lodge until I moved on to what I went to school for. I worked for DFO as a Fishery Officer out of Comox until I was to move to Whitehorse. Instead I jumped ship and worked in the forest service in the central BC. I fished lakers and rainbows and escaped to the coast in Prince Rupert when ever I could. Now I am back on the Island and live in Port McNeill, bought a boat and cannot wait until I am back into the great fishing that only the ocean can offer.

I have been lurking here for the a while and have been absorbing all the "new" stuff that is out there. The biggest change for me has been the introduction of colour in both hootchies and spoons. The "old" spoons we used were the old FST #3/4 50/50, krippeled K's in brass or silver, Tom macks in 50/50 and some others that I cannot even remember. Hootchies were your basic green and white, all white or green/black/light green and when needlefish were in an green and black squirt in 4" was deadly. Now there are Army truck, Cop Car, Monkey Puke etc. It boogles the mind to see all the changes. I like to fish anchovies, but my real love is plugs and verticle jigging. To me there is nothing like jigging for either springs or coho.

I hope there will always be fish my family to catch and remember that the worst day on the water is still better than your best day at work, unless you fish for a living, in which case you are luck bugger.:D

Cheers

It seems that anglers are indeed one big family - no matter where you were born in this world. I grew up on the old continent and fished every pothole there since I can remember. Yearly highlights were trips to the Norwegian fjords and rivers. Came to BC first 7 years ago as a tourist and fell in love with this land. Moved here 6 years ago and raise my family here now. Maybe not the first but one of the top 5 reasons why we moved to BC was the fishing (that's what I tell my wife!). I was lucky enough to meet a frantic and hard core local angler right when I moved here. There must me something like a sixth sense to instantly feel familiar with another crazy angler... He grew up on VCI and fished and caught basically everything and everywhere that is here. As an eager student I learnt quickly and was not very shy modifying and experimenting beyond his teaching...After I got my own boat (of course before I bought a house!) I refined my methods and I must say now I am doing at least as goods as any other angler here. There are even days when my old master has to admit orderly defeat. But I have to acknowledge that especially salmon fishing out of Victoria and Sooke is a complicated business. I couldn't believe, when I came here, how much gear and complicated tricks you need (or think you need) to hook a salmon. Remember, I grew up catching with spinning gear from shore... But I was up for the challenge. And as many others here posted, the learning process will go on forever and this is actually a big part of the fun. If I could catch my limit every time too easy and it were predictable I would not enjoy it anymore. It's the surprise that you never know what you will get that day! Often I found it requires a special sense for the situation that can trigger success. And it is hard to explain sometimes why I suddenly have the feeling that I should try one rod in 140 ft depth even all reports said between 60 and 80 ft. But not 10 min after I change the depth to 140 ft - bang - a 31.5 lbs spring took me for the dance...! I truly believe that being out there often will form your instincts - the same that our ancestors must have had as true hunters to be able to survive. The regular experience will make you a good angler - and not the expensive gear. That's why there are quite a few older foxes out there fishing from a inconspicuous boat with old rod and reels and catch nice fish while Mr. Rich comes in with his 28' Grady and shiny Islander reels but no fish... Nothing more and nothing less makes out the difference between our guides and us weekend anglers - they go out every day - we once a week. Guess what...they are seven times better! But wait when I am retired!

I had holidays with my family and their friends on Denman island frequently about 30 years ago, did a lot of cohofishing, fun on tiny apex lures, bucktails on the surface.

About twenty five years ago in heavy pouring rain, I started tyeefishing at Ten Miles Pt-Colman Creek in Alberni Canal, saw my dad caught a 31 lb tyee on a tomic plug. I became excited. In few minutes, I learned to reel in my first 22 lber chinook. I felt thrilled. One week later, my grandpa from South America, reeled in 34 lb tyee near China Creek marina. I started to like fishing.

Well I too can thank my grandfather and my Dad for introducing me at a very young age. Started out fishing at the family cottage in Northern Ontario and was "hooked" from there. We also had a cottage closer to Winnipeg on Lake of the Woods where I spent my summers growing up...when i was too young to be running the boat on my own I would catch perch and small bass off our dock and neighbors and could spend the entire day doing that. As I got older I spent all sorts of time at the cottage fishing for pickerel(ya I called it pickerel...I am from the prairies ;)), big pike and muskie on our resident lake. Many trips were spent with my Dad to all sorts of remote lakes for speckled trout, splake, rainbows and lakers.

Growing up as the son of a wildlife biologist I spent a lot of time in the outdoors and all sorts of opportunities to fish completely untouched water. We used to spend a lot of time in the summer tagging caribou for a project on the east side of Lake Winnipeg and almost every evening we would take one of the float planes and land on a remote lake/river and just cast away above and below any set of rapids for pickerel for dinner and the fun of wrestling with HUGE pike. When you are 15 years old and throwing back 20lb pike because they just "don't measure up" you know you are having a good time.

Skipping forward I moved out to BC about 12 years ago when I was 25 a went a few years without fishing. Luckily some friends I made after about a year of being out here enjoyed fishing out on the chuck and I have been addicted since then. I have not tried this "river fishing" that I hear of....well I did once with a member from this board who took the 'newb' out, but I am absolutely addicted to being on the water out here in BC. Have learned a lot on my own, from forums and from friends about salmon fishing and the fine art of crabbing and prawning. I tell ya for you guys/gals who grew up on the west coast you are very lucky. Everytime I am on the water I am still in awe of how beatutiful it is out here and what a special area the coastal waters of BC are. Learning and experimenting has been the most fun for me out here and I am glad that I can now pass on some of what I have learned and also tips that have been passed down to me. Best of all I have a girlfriend who loves to hit the WCVI just as much as I do. Went fishing out of Tofino for my first time this year and I tell ya....the WCVI has another BIG FAN!!

Great thread.

Here is a pic of a little "Pippen" with the first fish of my life. Caught with my grandfather at the family cottage near Chapleau, Ontario. I still remember the day as we were trolling in a weedy area right near the fuselage of an old plane crash. Trolling a gold and black rapala lure probably about 4 inches long....still remember that old killer.

First fish

FisherBoy.jpg

Last fish.
IMG_0905.jpg

My dad started me fishing salmon at age 5 off Miracle Beach in our 12 ft aluminum in the early '60's. Spent every summer of my childhood there fishing the chuck, Black Creek and the Oyster. Started deckhanding on a salmon troller to pay for university in the late '70's and bought my own 36' troller in '81. Fished it for 3 years then sold it to go back to school but continued to commercial fish for several more summers. Strictly sports fishing now, mostly Sooke and Renfrew, once in a awhile up to Bamfield.I couldn't imagine life without being on the water... Met many good people on this board--you can never stop learning more about fishing and this is a good place to share that knowledge.
T2

OK I'll Bite.
Twas my Pa who got me hooked, was round about 1962,63 when we set out from Murphy's marina in good ol Port Alberni in our 12 foot Hourston with a 45 horse johnson that was as big as the Volkswagon Beetle in the neighboors driveway, or so I remember it as I was only 4 or 5 years young and we would set out for a 2 or 3 hour ride to Nahmint Bay for a shot at the Tyee's. We fished Peetz rods and reels with a various amount or different tackle such as Tom Mack spoons, Tee Spoons, Heering strip and planers and boy did we ever hook some monster fish I can remember my dad saying if we don"t get this one soon we are going to have to stay in the lodge,I hope Mom won't worry or be mad.Funny the one thing I could never understand was how come there was so many float planes coming and going from the Lodge, so I asked my dad one day and he said there only bringing in the girls, I thought they were bringing ing in the girls of the people that were fishing, wrong they were bring in the "Girls" for the Gentlemen that were fishing.
Anyway not to ramble on I was one of the lucky ones to have fished Nahmint Bay from the early 60's and have pulled my fair share of Tyee's out of it.

OK I'll Bite.
Twas my Pa who got me hooked, was round about 1962,63 when we set out from Murphy's marina in good ol Port Alberni in our 12 foot Hourston with a 45 horse johnson that was as big as the Volkswagon Beetle in the neighboors driveway, or so I remember it as I was only 4 or 5 years young and we would set out for a 2 or 3 hour ride to Nahmint Bay for a shot at the Tyee's. We fished Peetz rods and reels with a various amount or different tackle such as Tom Mack spoons, Tee Spoons, Heering strip and planers and boy did we ever hook some monster fish I can remember my dad saying if we don"t get this one soon we are going to have to stay in the lodge,I hope Mom won't worry or be mad.Funny the one thing I could never understand was how come there was so many float planes coming and going from the Lodge, so I asked my dad one day and he said there only bringing in the girls, I thought they were bringing ing in the girls of the people that were fishing, wrong they were bring in the "Girls" for the Gentlemen that were fishing.
Anyway not to ramble on I was one of the lucky ones to have fished Nahmint Bay from the early 60's and have pulled my fair share of Tyee's out of it.

Howdy,

This is a blast!

How cool is this reading about other people's experiances that you too have had?

Grew up near the waterfront fishing off the wharfs and streams of North Van, though my first fish didn't come from the chuck. It was from the end of a dock when I was six or seven as I bounced (for hours) a ball of white-bread off the heads of some sizable suckers at some lake up in the interior. I'll never forget my determination to catch one of those bastards. I could see them directly below me in about 12 feet of water. Finally got one just my enraged Father was charging down the wharf to beat me for ignoring his repeated calls to come for dinner. As I slapped the biggest sucker of the pack out onto the wharf I'll never forget how my Dad suddenly calmed down, then had a big smile on his face.

Thereafter I fished at nearly every opportunity salt and fresh. Got to know the Howe Sound like the back of my hand in the mid-70's while fishin' with my old fishin'- huntin' buddy, Kirk.
Kirk was the one who really turned me on to salmon fishing. We would rent boats from Sewell's or Bay Boat's in Horseshoe Bay, load in a sack-and-a-half of beer each along with our rods and lunches and head out into the Sound for the day. Man... could we catch fish. Everywhere from Cowan's Point to Salmon Rock to McNab Creek we fished it. Thinking back, I can't believe how 'sh#*-faced' we used to get and that we somehow always managed to get back alive.

I learned alot from Kirk - he is the nephew of Bill Dennett who used to be part of the crew for the old 'Tides and Trails' TV show - as well I learned alot from the Bradwell Family from North Van. Ron Bradwell (my buddy Daryl's Dad) married Elizabeth Cates (daughter or grand-daughter of the late Charles H Cates who started the Cates Tugboat Company whose boats where a fixture in Van harbour for decades) quit his job as an insurance salesman back in the 70's and began a career as a commercial troller. That family was blessed when it came to fishing... they seemed to follow them around.

When I finally sobered-up enough to realize how much $$$ I was spending on boat-rentals I decided to buy my own boat. It - an 18-foot 71' Fiberform with a Merc sterndrive - would soon become my own proverbial 'hole-in-the-water' into which I began pouring copious quantities of money.

I remember one summer trip around 79' or 80' when we launched at Deep Cove then motored her through the Vancouver harbour enroute to Pender Harbour to visit our buddy Ray Beadle who worked as an apprentice marine mechanic in Garden Bay. Our plan - the three of us with about 20 cases of beer on board - was to visit Ray to do some serious fishing and partying for a few days.

All was well till the steering cable decided to lock-up solid in a three-foot chop somewhere south of Mary Island. We had a ways to go to make Pender and I had no kicker motor and no radio. The wind was picking up as I thought hard about what to do... then it came to me.

I disconnected the steering arm at the transome then cut off two 10-ft long pieces of 1/2-inch braided nylon from a chunk I had on board. I leaned over the stern and tied one end of each piece firmly onto the drive unit on each of the two knuckles at the trailing end of each hydralic-ram then threaded the rope off each side up through the loop-cleats on the transome then brought them together in front of the engine house. Being certain both ropes were of equal length I then tied a piece of a stick on the end of each for a handle.

If this is sounding a little 'nuts' I can assure you it was and it did happen.

I positioned myself standing, facing forward, directly in front of the engine house then took a rope in each hand and took up the slack.
As we continued to bob about in the heavy chop in the middle of Georgia St. and with buddy Daryl manning the helm and throttle, I barked the order (you get to do this when it's your boat) to fire-up the main engine.

The engine came to life with a mighty roar... I grabbed my beer and took another swig... then braced myself against the ropes by leaning forward slightly then told him pull ahead slow. As the boat moved ahead, I leaned left, pulling on one rope while allowing the other to slacken slightly, the boat turned - beautifully - then I leaned the other way and she changed course and went that'a way. It seemed to be working so I yelled ahead to the throttle man - "Ok buddy... give'er sh#t!"

Daryl hammered the throttle and the ole' Fiberform (affectionately named the Sound-Pounder) sprang ahead and the next thing I knew we was fly'n over a 3 to 4/foot chop at nearly 40 mph. She handled great. I'd lean a little one way and she'd come about then lean the other to turn her that way.

It was the craziest thing but it worked great and got us to Pender Harbour. Problem was, we couldn't find parts anywhere to fix her so we spent three days blasting around the same way, fishing out at Sangster Island and even water-skiing (no-kidding) right in Pender Harbour.

Man, the looks we got as we flew past people with a guy standing there steering her with ropes.

When it came time to go home, I tied on a new set of ropes and steered the Pounder all the way back to Vancouver without incident.

The following summer we did the same trip again and this time we had engine trouble. #1-cylinder began taking on water - again, somewhere south of Mary Island - and we limped into Pender Harbour on 3 cylinders. The motor was basically shot.

I brought the Sound-Pounder to the Island with us when we moved here in 82' and she sat on blocks for several years waiting patiently for a new engine. It never happened. In a time of financial stress a few years later, I sold her to the late Glen Ek (formerly of Tseum Sterndrive) and he planned to repower her with a small block. Never saw her or Glen again.

Then I had a family and somehow fell away from serious fishing for over 25 yrs. Sure, I'd do a little lake fishing here and there but - with the exception of the odd hike out to Beechy Head with my spinning gear to offer-up the obligatory $25 to $30/bucks worth of Buzz Bombs and such to the 'rock-gods'- I didn't do any salt-chuckin'.

But lately that's all changed. I am now the proud owner of an old 1980/Zeta 19/cuddy with a brand new 220hp/Merc. MPI/Sterndrive and she's good to go.

Fishing is different over here and there's much to learn which is why I consider it a great privelge to be a member of this forum.

I thank all of you, each and every one of you, for your contributions, for your thoughts, and for sharing your concerns about this wonderful resource that we all treasure so dearly and need to conserve for our kids - so they too can experiance that incredible 'drug-free' rush we all get when that old 'knuckle-duster' begins to scream.

Cheers,
Terry

Howdy,

This is a blast!

How cool is this reading about other people's experiances that you too have had?

Grew up near the waterfront fishing off the wharfs and streams of North Van, though my first fish didn't come from the chuck. It was from the end of a dock when I was six or seven as I bounced (for hours) a ball of white-bread off the heads of some sizable suckers at some lake up in the interior. I'll never forget my determination to catch one of those bastards. I could see them directly below me in about 12 feet of water. Finally got one just my enraged Father was charging down the wharf to beat me for ignoring his repeated calls to come for dinner. As I slapped the biggest sucker of the pack out onto the wharf I'll never forget how my Dad suddenly calmed down, then had a big smile on his face.

Thereafter I fished at nearly every opportunity salt and fresh. Got to know the Howe Sound like the back of my hand in the mid-70's while fishin' with my old fishin'- huntin' buddy, Kirk.
Kirk was the one who really turned me on to salmon fishing. We would rent boats from Sewell's or Bay Boat's in Horseshoe Bay, load in a sack-and-a-half of beer each along with our rods and lunches and head out into the Sound for the day. Man... could we catch fish. Everywhere from Cowan's Point to Salmon Rock to McNab Creek we fished it. Thinking back, I can't believe how 'sh#*-faced' we used to get and that we somehow always managed to get back alive.

I learned alot from Kirk - he is the nephew of Bill Dennett who used to be part of the crew for the old 'Tides and Trails' TV show - as well I learned alot from the Bradwell Family from North Van. Ron Bradwell (my buddy Daryl's Dad) married Elizabeth Cates (daughter or grand-daughter of the late Charles H Cates who started the Cates Tugboat Company whose boats where a fixture in Van harbour for decades) quit his job as an insurance salesman back in the 70's and began a career as a commercial troller. That family was blessed when it came to fishing... they seemed to follow them around.

When I finally sobered-up enough to realize how much $$$ I was spending on boat-rentals I decided to buy my own boat. It - an 18-foot 71' Fiberform with a Merc sterndrive - would soon become my own proverbial 'hole-in-the-water' into which I began pouring copious quantities of money.

I remember one summer trip around 79' or 80' when we launched at Deep Cove then motored her through the Vancouver harbour enroute to Pender Harbour to visit our buddy Ray Beadle who worked as an apprentice marine mechanic in Garden Bay. Our plan - the three of us with about 20 cases of beer on board - was to visit Ray to do some serious fishing and partying for a few days.

All was well till the steering cable decided to lock-up solid in a three-foot chop somewhere south of Mary Island. We had a ways to go to make Pender and I had no kicker motor and no radio. The wind was picking up as I thought hard about what to do... then it came to me.

I disconnected the steering arm at the transome then cut off two 10-ft long pieces of 1/2-inch braided nylon from a chunk I had on board. I leaned over the stern and tied one end of each piece firmly onto the drive unit on each of the two knuckles at the trailing end of each hydralic-ram then threaded the rope off each side up through the loop-cleats on the transome then brought them together in front of the engine house. Being certain both ropes were of equal length I then tied a piece of a stick on the end of each for a handle.

If this is sounding a little 'nuts' I can assure you it was and it did happen.

I positioned myself standing, facing forward, directly in front of the engine house then took a rope in each hand and took up the slack.
As we continued to bob about in the heavy chop in the middle of Georgia St. and with buddy Daryl manning the helm and throttle, I barked the order (you get to do this when it's your boat) to fire-up the main engine.

The engine came to life with a mighty roar... I grabbed my beer and took another swig... then braced myself against the ropes by leaning forward slightly then told him pull ahead slow. As the boat moved ahead, I leaned left, pulling on one rope while allowing the other to slacken slightly, the boat turned - beautifully - then I leaned the other way and she changed course and went that'a way. It seemed to be working so I yelled ahead to the throttle man - "Ok buddy... give'er sh#t!"

Daryl hammered the throttle and the ole' Fiberform (affectionately named the Sound-Pounder) sprang ahead and the next thing I knew we was fly'n over a 3 to 4/foot chop at nearly 40 mph. She handled great. I'd lean a little one way and she'd come about then lean the other to turn her that way.

It was the craziest thing but it worked great and got us to Pender Harbour. Problem was, we couldn't find parts anywhere to fix her so we spent three days blasting around the same way, fishing out at Sangster Island and even water-skiing (no-kidding) right in Pender Harbour.

Man, the looks we got as we flew past people with a guy standing there steering her with ropes.

When it came time to go home, I tied on a new set of ropes and steered the Pounder all the way back to Vancouver without incident.

The following summer we did the same trip again and this time we had engine trouble. #1-cylinder began taking on water - again, somewhere south of Mary Island - and we limped into Pender Harbour on 3 cylinders. The motor was basically shot.

I brought the Sound-Pounder to the Island with us when we moved here in 82' and she sat on blocks for several years waiting patiently for a new engine. It never happened. In a time of financial stress a few years later, I sold her to the late Glen Ek (formerly of Tseum Sterndrive) and he planned to repower her with a small block. Never saw her or Glen again.

Then I had a family and somehow fell away from serious fishing for over 25 yrs. Sure, I'd do a little lake fishing here and there but - with the exception of the odd hike out to Beechy Head with my spinning gear to offer-up the obligatory $25 to $30/bucks worth of Buzz Bombs and such to the 'rock-gods'- I didn't do any salt-chuckin'.

But lately that's all changed. I am now the proud owner of an old 1980/Zeta 19/cuddy with a brand new 220hp/Merc. MPI/Sterndrive and she's good to go.

Fishing is different over here and there's much to learn which is why I consider it a great privelge to be a member of this forum.

I thank all of you, each and every one of you, for your contributions, for your thoughts, and for sharing your concerns about this wonderful resource that we all treasure so dearly and need to conserve for our kids - so they too can experiance that incredible 'drug-free' rush we all get when that old 'knuckle-duster' begins to scream.

Cheers,
Terry

Great story Terry!!

That Zeta is a great west coast boat. A buddy of mine had the same thing just a bit newer; his family is big Zeta fans and the factory is actually on property they own in Richmond (or something like that...I can never remember where the association is).

Great story Terry!!

That Zeta is a great west coast boat. A buddy of mine had the same thing just a bit newer; his family is big Zeta fans and the factory is actually on property they own in Richmond (or something like that...I can never remember where the association is).

Great Thread!!

Been on this board for about 3years now.

First fishing trip was with my Uncle Leo at lake outside to Prince George around 7years old - we must have caught 20-30 trout that day and I was forever changed. Man I had the fever terrible.

At 9yrs old we move from the States to North Vancouver where my buddies and I spent endless summers fishing off the barge piers in North Van, Ambleside, Horseshoe Bay, Bowen Island, Gambier Island, Anvil Island and the Capelino River in the fall. Moved back to the States 4years later and began fishing Eastern Washington lakes,Neah Bay for Salmon, western Wash rivers for trout and steelhead. Moved to Montana fishing Yellowstone Park, Madison and Gallatin Rivers throught college years. After College Minneapolis for work fishing most in the winter out of ice hut (good excuse to drink and play cribagge)...never quite got used to driving car 1-2miles out on the lake and was always glad to be out of the dam thing once we left. Spend 2 fishless year in Los Angles

Settled in Oregon about 8years ago and started fishing fall chinook and winter steelhead in coastal rivers and stream.s Purchased a jet boat couple years late. Sold the jetboat a couple years later trading up to a 25ft Walkaround salty boat and 19ft drift boat. I now spend my summers chasing tuna, salmon and crab; and my winters drifting local rivers up and down coast of Oregon. I tournament fish in Cabo 2-3 times a year on a friends boat for Marlin, Tuna, and Sailfish...the boat recently won USD288,000.00 daily Jackpot for a 360lb Black Marlin - pic'd below.

Oct-Jan I spend most of my outdoor time chasing pheasants (pic below) and waterfowl. We have some killer goose hunting right out my back door and if it where legal to shoot inside city limits I could whack a limit from my back yard most days of the week.

Bisbee2007Web.jpg

Pheasant Hunting

Cooter-Xena-CodyPheasantWeb3.jpg

Great Thread!!

Been on this board for about 3years now.

First fishing trip was with my Uncle Leo at lake outside to Prince George around 7years old - we must have caught 20-30 trout that day and I was forever changed. Man I had the fever terrible.

At 9yrs old we move from the States to North Vancouver where my buddies and I spent endless summers fishing off the barge piers in North Van, Ambleside, Horseshoe Bay, Bowen Island, Gambier Island, Anvil Island and the Capelino River in the fall. Moved back to the States 4years later and began fishing Eastern Washington lakes,Neah Bay for Salmon, western Wash rivers for trout and steelhead. Moved to Montana fishing Yellowstone Park, Madison and Gallatin Rivers throught college years. After College Minneapolis for work fishing most in the winter out of ice hut (good excuse to drink and play cribagge)...never quite got used to driving car 1-2miles out on the lake and was always glad to be out of the dam thing once we left. Spend 2 fishless year in Los Angles

Settled in Oregon about 8years ago and started fishing fall chinook and winter steelhead in coastal rivers and stream.s Purchased a jet boat couple years late. Sold the jetboat a couple years later trading up to a 25ft Walkaround salty boat and 19ft drift boat. I now spend my summers chasing tuna, salmon and crab; and my winters drifting local rivers up and down coast of Oregon. I tournament fish in Cabo 2-3 times a year on a friends boat for Marlin, Tuna, and Sailfish...the boat recently won USD288,000.00 daily Jackpot for a 360lb Black Marlin - pic'd below.

Oct-Jan I spend most of my outdoor time chasing pheasants (pic below) and waterfowl. We have some killer goose hunting right out my back door and if it where legal to shoot inside city limits I could whack a limit from my back yard most days of the week.

Bisbee2007Web.jpg

Pheasant Hunting

Cooter-Xena-CodyPheasantWeb3.jpg

Back