WTB Avet HX 4.2 Red

Certainly you can save on shipping costs when shipping within USA locations to a freight/ storage company at the border such as the one you mention in Pt Roberts Wa. You are still in the USA though at your pick up location so that is different than if (or when) those goods came across a border. I may be misunderstanding your post .... If you had a multi-day trip in USA then crossed into Canada with the items then perhaps you could avoid those fees due to allowances provided for muti-day trips in US.

Switching gears ( no pun intended ) do the Avet owners/users on this thread feel that the 2 speed is needed? Cost goes up alot so thinking not necessary for Hali and Ling . As I understand once you get into 50lb+ braid, fishing deep or big game/tuna fishing that 2 speed is needed but otherwise single speed is fine? Also should I be concerned about Avet's issues with bearings or is that been solved now?
Thanks.
Halibut and ling fishing is so different in every area it’s hard to justify what is needed all the questions about rods and reels are definitely justified but the different tides throughout the B.C. coast alone there is never a right answer as much as it sucks you need to try different gear for different areas and IMO the lighter the better in other peoples opinion you don’t wanna loose a fish

Certainly you can save on shipping costs when shipping within USA locations to a freight/ storage company at the border such as the one you mention in Pt Roberts Wa. You are still in the USA though at your pick up location so that is different than if (or when) those goods came across a border. I may be misunderstanding your post .... If you had a multi-day trip in USA then crossed into Canada with the items then perhaps you could avoid those fees due to allowances provided for muti-day trips in US.

Switching gears ( no pun intended ) do the Avet owners/users on this thread feel that the 2 speed is needed? Cost goes up alot so thinking not necessary for Hali and Ling . As I understand once you get into 50lb+ braid, fishing deep or big game/tuna fishing that 2 speed is needed but otherwise single speed is fine? Also should I be concerned about Avet's issues with bearings or is that been solved now?
Thanks.
I have 4 single speed a eta for jogging and Hali. I was warned against the 2 speeds by the salesman at Trotac. This was recently. They brake down more often he said. I’m sure they’re still happy to sell them though. The only time I wish I had a 2 speed is when changing bait and checking gear often.

I picked up my Avet from Trotac and chose the single speed simply because the more complicated things get, the more problems can arise. I like the gear ratio, found 4.2 works well for me. I suspect any reel with that ratio would be fine, but the Avet I’ve had for several years now has worked great so I’m sticking with what I know. I am replacing a TLD 20 and 25, which are good reels, but to me the Avet just seemed easier to fish at the greater depths.

Back