WTB: Abel Mooching Reels

I just know both my cousin and a guide buddy in Campbell River both had major issues with their TR3’s. Islander made it right but they still had downtime on the reels. Enough so that they bought more. That being said, they bought more TR3’s
I see. Thanks. I was actually curious what the Abel’s reliability was like. Not sure if I want to part with the dineros but curious

I’m still slumming with MR 2’s and 3’s, lol

I just stumbled across this thread and after reflecting on this season with 32 days total, I have to say I have really come around on my mr2s. It has taken me a while to develop a service cadence and I was definitely over oiling the cork. Once I properly cleaned, sanded and oiled it very lightly, bam no more creep. I find I only need to service them very lightly every so often and be careful where the grease lands vs the oil.

I even had one slip out of the rod and peel out the entire spool of 300' that I had to hand bomb back up. Super fun, I highly reccomend you all try it sometime particularly when its 33 C and such haha. Just a quick dunk in fresh water and it fished fine the rest of the day. Moral of that story, make damn sure the reel is seated after replacing your titan xl base for the 3rd time, aka don't buy titan xls lol

Back