wtb:16 - 18 ft welded aluminium boat

mmmroe

Hi guys in the market for a 16 to 18 ft welded aluminium.

Could be a long shot but looking for a used 17' silver streak or woolridge offshore. If anyone has any leads please pm me!

Windshield model.

Not a bad price. Unsure about a rebuilt motor and would like a 75 or a 90. Buddy runs a 60 Merc on his 1625 kingfisher and with three guys need cooler of fish feels under powered at times.

Thanks guys for all the help in my search. Just came boat from the boat show......ahhh dreams. .... lol.

I saw that 16' there at the show. Nice boat but bimi top is a must.

I'm looking to spend in the 25,000 range. Less the better obviously.

Looking at the cost of used and comparing that with being able to pick up a ~17ft Hewes, RiverHawk, Kingfisher etc. for $30K with a ~70hp is very appealing.

Seems one could run the new boat for 10 years, treat it right, and still get close to $20K for it on the used market. Easy decision for some, to have predictable reliability for a long time. Opposed to buying something that is already 5-10 years old now, then over the next same 10 years of ownership you are likely facing reliability challenges or repower as your rig is 15-20 years old at that point.

You make a good point Damien. That why the new option purchase has crossed my mind. But to rig a boat with all the necessities will drive the price of the boat way up also.

Yeah, but buying a 10 year old boat with 10 year old necessities aint that great either. Outdated electronics and downriggers that need a rebuild...etc

Couple new Scotty 1106's and ~$750 for a new all in one Finder/GPS and you're good to go! Troll off the main until a deal on a kicker comes up.

Yes, I'm justifying this all in my own head as well, lol.

Back