World Thrombosis Day

IronNoggin

World Thrombosis Day

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) is a rare form of stroke. It affects about 5 people in 1 million each year. World Thrombosis Day has a number of resources to provide to patients, including a free downloadable information sheet. bit.ly/3tMvZsv #WTDay22

This is what I live with. When initially diagnosed, the clot in the main vein draining the left hemisphere of my brain was 2.5 inches long. The diagnosis took a fair bit of time, but I am now 2 years in on the treatment. Some of the symptoms remain, but are pretty well reduced over what they were when I started. Then the headaches were beyond excruciating. Now those are very very rare any more. Long road ahead it seems. But better than the alternative...

Although not directly related to CVST, I thought I'd run up a report on yesterdays happenings...

Went to see the eye surgeon in Nanaimo.
This fellow is somewhat overly cautious in all he does (thankfully) and so had a series of tests run to verify the optometrist's thoughts.

Both eyes heavily dilated. Tests confirmed previous findings. Shooting eye frozen, then into surgery.

Could not see much out of either eye on the way home, but it fine to "see" Forbsy stop by for a chat & collect a rather fine scattergun gun from him in Nanaimo.

Sawbones said I would not see much, if any improvement until today. And that for a few days following it would continue to improve.

Today the right eye has substantially improved - to the point the left one is struggling to keep up! The brain will establish the new equilibrium again soon. Fine problem to have at this stage!!

So, a little good news to share!

Cheers - Nog

Back