Will Fisheries Minister Bernadette Jordan make the right decision on April 1st?

Her decision will be whatever Justin Trudeau, Katie Telford and Gerald Butts tell her to decide.

After reading the SFI report the wording “ low risk to stocks of concern” to me is the nail in the coffin. According to DFO and enviros Any risk is deemed too much with stocks of concern. We have just seen how the farms were taken out of discovery (which I agree with) with all their science saying minimal harm or interaction. The libs don’t give a crap about the coasts. We are being turfed under the bus for urban votes.

After reading the SFI report the wording “ low risk to stocks of concern” to me is the nail in the coffin. According to DFO and enviros Any risk is deemed too much with stocks of concern. We have just seen how the farms were taken out of discovery (which I agree with) with all their science saying minimal harm or interaction. The libs don’t give a crap about the coasts. We are being turfed under the bus for urban votes.
Nailed it! The downtown Starbucks, millennial hipsters that vote for Trudy and think walking around Stanly Park is a nature hike are calling the tune.

I have to concur with Fish4all....despite having DFO science engaged to assess these proposals and determine the risk is low, I'm sadly worried that this will become a politically driven decision as opposed to a science driven decision. The spin doctoring political-industrial ENGO complex is building up momentum to spew. Get ready, duck, cover and roll.

I have to concur with Fish4all....despite having DFO science engaged to assess these proposals and determine the risk is low, I'm sadly worried that this will become a politically driven decision as opposed to a science driven decision. The spin doctoring political-industrial ENGO complex is building up momentum to spew. Get ready, duck, cover and roll.
Same as the decision made re: ff in discovery islands, all political

Well, and let's be honest and real...any fishery decision will contain some form of tradeoff. I suppose we could call those political on both sides of the argument. However, what I would like to see is more consideration to finding logical and balanced tradeoffs informed by science.

Agree.

Back