Which transducer is best for Lowrance HDS10?

R

Rayvon

Last year I upgraded my GPS-sounder combo to the HDS- 10 with the standard 50-200 khz. transducer.I'd like to change the transducer out for an Airmar 1Kw. unit.Their site shows 3 compatible units.The TM270W [wide beam and expensive]$1200. The TM260BL $650. TheTM258 $ 525. I'm thinking I don't need the wide beam 25* when I normally fish 40-200 ft. of water in the Sooke-West Coast waters and I'm a little on the cheap side but willing to spend if it really makes a difference.The other 2 seem very similar.Could anyone that has one of these or is a tech. please advise me on which one will give me the best combo.I use downriggers 95% of the time.Thanks.

If you are going with a transom mounted unit the Airmar P-66 is very good. Either thru-hull or transom mount Airmar are some of the best out there.

Thanks for the replies,I haven't decided yet,no hurry this time of year.I think it's between the 258 and 260,The P66 is better than the stock one but doesn't compare to these more powerful units.Thanks,Ray

Back