Wher to fish in Canada

J

Jhowieb

I have a week off from July 3th to the 10th and would like to go fresh water fishing in Canada. I live in Kansas City so I would like to go north of here. The only fishing I have done up there is Salmon at Campbell River several years ago. I don't know the provinces layout and I don't have any idea where is good, but I'm sure there are plenty. I fish for bass, and crappie here and I am learning to fly fish for trout. Any suggestions? jhowieb

JHBrown

Well if it's Trout you'd like to target fly into Vancouver, rent a car and drive to William's Lake then take Highway 20 west into the Chilcotin country-should be prime</u> time</u>.

There are a number of small 'resorts' that could serve your needs and also some great opportunities to fly into even more remote places out of a place called Nimpo Lake http://www.chilcotinoutfitters.com/

Note that you don't have to drop a bundle to stay in a fancy joint-lots of opportunity for you to do your own thing.

Hi Jhowieb.

As dogbbreath already mentioned travel from Vancouver North. Highway 24 east is also a great alternative. It is refereed to as the fishing highway in these parts. There are some great trout lakes in that area of the province as well.

Wouldn't Manitoba be north of Kansas City?

Long trip to get here I'd think.

Take care.

Jhowieb,

I'd like to suggest that you look at a map of Canada and start your process there. Just think of the educational advantages of learning what provinces are where and just how big Canada is:D

Once you have a better understannding our the great white northern mystery, ;)you'll be able to pin down the areas you want to travel to and what type of fishing you want to do. Asking on this site will only give you a small (albeait the best) vantage point of what fishing opportunities are up here

Best of luck. [8D]

Southern Manitoba is good for Pike and Walleye fishing I think? Manitoba is definately not a popular trout haven. Our country is very large you ask us on here about trout fishing give us the area and someone on here will help you. Or try the BC freshwater section?

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

C'mon guys, give the yank a break. ;) I thought he was referring to BC also since he mentioned Campbell River.

For what it's worth, my family used to vacation at Nimpo lake every summer from about 1980-1990. Then it was absolutely awesome fishing and as mentioned, there were some surrounding lakes that were excellent as well. We also found some local streams/rivers that were a kick in the pants for fly fishing and drifting for rainbows as well. Have fun!

Back