What is a troll?

GLG

Here are two definitions I found on the Internet

From webopedia

(v.) To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

What do you do with trolls?
Perhaps the best thing to do is ignore them.
Don’t feed the trolls

GLG

successful_troll.jpg

img3937n.jpg

HaHaHaHa!:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Geeze, I must be old! I've never even heard of this definition. I always thought it meant towing lures behind a boat to catch fish.:)

Extinction is Forever

What I call a troll is someone who hides behind an alias and stirs up the pot.

However, how public someone makes thier contact information directly sways what they can get away with around in my sandbox. If someone has a web link at the bottom of their post, then they can "get away" with a lot more then some random guy with a Hotmail account.

If the "troll" in question is someone who recently brought up some regional assocaition issues, he has posted his real contact info several times on this site, hence, has a bit more lattitude then someone who logs in under a random alias and makes the first post a random jab at someone.

And some of the threads in question got locked or as soon as insults started flying, but otherwise, I didn't see a problem in some of the debate.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Back