WFN & Their Commercials

pescador

Anybody in Western Canada as pi***ed off as I am about WFN showing non stop commercials from 9 pm to midnight? I emailed WFN and the response was that 9 pm Pacific to midnight is midnight to 0300 in Ontario and that's prime sell time in that market. I guess us subscribers don't count as being an important source of income here in BC. Basically what they're saying is you guys in the West will just have to suck it up. I don't know about anyone else, but, 9 pm to midnight is prime TV time for me. I'm not interested in the new Bass Master snake lure. I say we revolt. I didn't subscribe to the service to listen to commercial endorsements !!! If the commercials don't stop I plan to cancel.

Matador

I don'y have it and never will. You can find most of the shows that they show for free on the net. Same as for most shows on TV.

Once again, the Canadian world revolves around Ontario!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

Ayup! But let's hope on this day.....one of the most important to a Canadian....that the West WILL rise up and take down the East. Go Canucks!!! ;) :D

It's Hockey Day in Canada!!!

I've canceled my WFN subscription. Between re-runs 3 or more times a week of every show, infomercials - some of which aren't even fishing related and endless high fives over 1lb bass I am done.

quote:Originally posted by Pippen

quote:Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

Ayup! But let's hope on this day.....one of the most important to a Canadian....that the West WILL rise up and take down the East. Go Canucks!!! ;) :D
I like your thinking, Bud. :D
It's Hockey Day in Canada!!!

Who wants to watch some a##hole fishing for money when we can do better ourselves?:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

I'm having second thoughts about keeping WFN.I'm lucky to find two shows a week that deal with Salmon fishing on the coast.If it's not about fishing in Ontario,it's about fishing in Florida or for Bass in one of a million different spots across the US.It may be about fishing but here's just no appeal in it to me anymore.
As far as the hours of paid commercial time,I'm totally sick of seeing Mr Hannahs Miracle Rubber Snake lure to end all lures.If I want commercials,I can watch regular network TV.
Dave

Matador try CHEK TV at 11:30pm every night for reruns of Nice Fish.
GLG:)

Agreed with all of you.
I ordered the WFN/Wild TV pkg to watch some fishing/hunting stuff.

What do I get? Endless shows with a young couple - a blonde with big-rockets - bow hunting over planted alfalfa fields and 'caged' hunts on rich-dudes ranches down in Texas. Or bass fishing. What's up with that? Guy's getting a woody over spending $50/k on a 100/mph rocket boat so he can be the first to catch a little '****-fish' bass.

Overall, the quality of TV is digressing by the moment. The latest one that's really turning me off is repeating the same commercial in the same break, sometimes back-to-back.

I've got to find a life.

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Like I said, most of everything you want to watch is on the net. Do some searches, set up your computer to play on the TV and you can watch for free.

As for the blonde with big rockets, you should see the show when Tiff is bowhunting those jumping carp!!! About the only one I have watched twice......

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

I've just emailed WFN voicing my displeasure with their content for West Coast fishermen.I'm interested in hearing their response.I'll be cancelling WFN and Wild TV.They just don't cater to my interests.My wife wants Rush TV anyways.
Dave

Dave, I'll follow you as well. Let me know their response. I think its pretty pitiful when they show no respect for us guys on the West Coast. I spent 20 years in Toronto and don't pigeon hole all of them the same way, but, this treatment is just anti West. No other explanation. I think Fashion Television has more to offer based on what I've seen.

Matador

I called and cancelled today. Commercials and movies, whats with that. I am not going to pay $4 a month to watch bass fishing and repeats.

Here's the reply that I got from WFN today.It's a bit too patronizing for me.

Hello David. Thank you for your interest in WFN. We appreciate you letting us know about your concerns. We are working on modifying the schedule to accommodate viewers on the West Coast, as well as attracting more advertisers to offset the need for paid programming – the proceeds of which insure the rest of the day is filled with quality content. Thank you for your patience.

We are always looking to add the best programming to WFN. We recognize that some genres receive more coverage than others, and we are constantly reviewing programs that could be a fit with WFN. Our goal is to provide our viewers with a balanced schedule that highlights all kinds of fishing and outdoors lifestyle programming. We are in constant negotiations with producers to add new programming to our lineup. Please check our website regularly for updates.

Here is a list of programs that regularly feature fishing on the West Coast:

Big Coast – www.wfn.tv/wfntv/programs/show.php?showid=164

Sportfishing BC - www.wfn.tv/wfntv/programs/show.php?showid=32

Fly Max - www.wfn.tv/wfntv/programs/show.php?showid=147

Going Fishing TV - www.wfn.tv/wfntv/programs/show.php?showid=31

Sincerely,

Jacob Watters | Web Content Producer

He was nice enough to thank me for my patience except that I don't have anymore patience.It's I'll be cancelling.
Dave

What's patronizing about that response? I wouldn't subscribe to that channel for all of the reasons already mentioned, but at least they responded to you and tried to explain it.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Back