Visiting Lund

Baxter

This coming weekend, weather permitting, we are thinking of doing a family trip across to explore mittlenatch, Hernando, Savary. Maybe drop some crab traps, and hopefully see some whales. We are also considered stopping into Lund but with the current state of COVID likely will skip it, not really supposed to travel to other communities at the moment. Have never been there but would like to at some point.

For the Post-Covid world, is it worth stopping there? Is there a good place to grab a bite close to the wharf, anything to see or do nearby?

Last edited:
This coming weekend, weather permitting, we are thinking of doing a family trip across to explore mittlenatch, Hernando, Savary. Maybe drop some crab traps, and hopefully see some whales. We are also considered stopping into Lund but with the current state of COVID likely will skip it, not really supposed to travel to other communities at the moment. Have never been there but would like to at some point.

For the Post-Covid world, is it work stopping in there? Is there a good place to grab a bite close to the wharf, anything to see or do nearby?

The cinnamon buns from Nancy's bakery are fantastic as are many of her other products.

We often stop for fuel there northbound, worth a one hour stop if you've never been...
The hotel used to have a pretty good restaurant.

I fuelled up there and had lunch at the pub when we visited friends on Savary Island. It was good pub food then (July 2019)
They have a few little artisan type stores that the wife enjoyed browsing. Good place to get off the boat and stretch your legs.

Yeah you have a few options right at the wharf for food Lund Pub, Nancy's and the Boardwalk. Also a general store with a Beer & Wine. If you have young kids in front of the Lund Hotel there is a cool like jump play thing kids can do. Go to the South Beach if you hit up Savary, beach the boat and explore.

Yeah you have a few options right at the wharf for food Lund Pub, Nancy's and the Boardwalk. Also a general store with a Beer & Wine. If you have young kids in front of the Lund Hotel there is a cool like jump play thing kids can do. Go to the South Beach if you hit up Savary, beach the boat and explore.
Ya, I think we will beach at Savary. South beach sounds like the one to go to.

Indeed, watch your charts. Some of those boulders between Mace Pt and Indian Pt are poking out of the sand hundreds of yards from shore.
Good to know! Thx.
I keep a close eye on charts in unknown shallows plus usually stand and watch closely. Good to know there are definite hazards.

Good to know! Thx.
I keep a close eye on charts in unknown shallows plus usually stand and watch closely. Good to know there are definite hazards.
same as mystery reef. it can bite as well and never seems to end when you’re trying to get around it. there is at least one spot i know where you can sneak thru

Indian pt on the Hernando side is nice and a much friendlier approach. Our go to anyhow. Walk down sunset trail to South Beach from there if you like (but you won't leave the pt.)
Awesome good to know. I've only been once so I'll check that out next time for sure.

Back