Vedder river

Fish the warmer days. If it's below 3C I wouldn't even bother...

Been years since i fished the Vedder... but one thing I remember well is to park your vehicle in the open where it can be seen....many low-lifes breaking into fishermans vehicles looking for anything they can sell to support their habit

CL I fished it for many years in the late 80's and thru the 90's when not on the cap. I never had my truck touched.

Wait until May 1st, it should be warm enough then.

Too late for fishing gear below the crossing and no fishing above all together. Not sure how your advice is helpful unless you are trying discourage new anglers from fishing there. I would say March and Early April can be good. Move around.

Too late for fishing gear below the crossing and no fishing above all together. Not sure how your advice is helpful unless you are trying discourage new anglers from fishing there. I would say March and Early April can be good. Move around.

The best time to go fishing is anytime you can. Who cares what the temperature is?

The best time to go fishing is anytime you can. Who cares what the temperature is?

I agree, but it is a fact that fish get more active when the temperatures go up a few degrees. Going in May limits your choices though and the bulk of the run is done on that system.

I remember my old steelhead days on the vedder where the ice is forming on your guides because it's so cold , and all those cold days nothing would take the gear , Pretty quite on the river on cold snap days ,well at least at -5 ..... Crazy ! :)

Someone once posted an awesome Veddar story......:)

Marabo frozen to the rod, the taste of WD40 in the mouth, frozen boots that couldn't be untied, jumping into the truck with vinyl seat and laying on the ground beside the truck with the feet still in the door cause his butt slide out of the truck apon entry.

Reminds me of few days out there drinking warm beer and fireball all kept warm by hand warmers in the bag. The only day warm beer tasted good.

The Vedder system gets a strong run of both hatchery and wild fish. I fish it regularly in fact last year I only killed 11 fish out of the boat and I think 28(mainly coho) out of the Vedder lol. I used to live in Chilliwack so I did my fair share of steelheading days and kind of got sick of it to be honest lol. I'd rather be out pawning on the boat these days but if I do go it will be April

Back