Vedder river Pinks

Dennis.t

The pinks have arrived in the Vedder river. Very aggressive biters and surprisingly solid fighters. Good sport these pinkies. Theres a few hoes mixed in with the hordes of pinks invading the river. Had a 10 to 12 pder chromer break me off,this morning.The flow is medium to low now with clear conditions. Just find a deep spot with good flow and hack away. So far its been uncrowded on week days and a pleasant experience to fish for a change.

Attachments

• Pinks 13 043.jpg
    Pinks 13 043.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 597
moving to chilliwack end of sept looking forward to pounding the vedder may need some tips as havnt fished it since1985!!

Yes, all released. Try not to take them out of the water. Not like the guy I saw today drag the fish up onto the rocks then kick the fish back into the river. Felt like kicking him into the river, Lol. But he was too far downstream...

moving to chilliwack end of sept looking forward to pounding the vedder may need some tips as havnt fished it since1985!!

Lots of spots and easy to fish. Will get very busy soon enough. Look for long lines of cars then stay away, gong show. There will be lots of helpful guys on the river and lots of guys who think their way is the only way. Just remember that it WILL BE a meat fishery in most popular spots. That is just the way it is with little opportunity with the Fraser being closed.. People want their fish. Have fun. Stay away from roe as fish swallow deeper... JMHO though.

Lots of spots and easy to fish. Will get very busy soon enough. Look for long lines of cars then stay away, gong show. There will be lots of helpful guys on the river and lots of guys who think their way is the only way. Just remember that it WILL BE a meat fishery in most popular spots. That is just the way it is with little opportunity with the Fraser being closed.. People want their fish. Have fun. Stay away from roe as fish swallow deeper... JMHO though.

Fraser is open.

that would have been my reaction too Dennis.t. New to fishing the Vedder, and have lost lots of lures already due to deadheads and other snags. Any suggestions as to where NOT to go but don't want to be in the thick of things with everyone else. Not looking for secret locations, just some good suggestions please.

that would have been my reaction too Dennis.t. New to fishing the Vedder, and have lost lots of lures already due to deadheads and other snags. Any suggestions as to where NOT to go but don't want to be in the thick of things with everyone else. Not looking for secret locations, just some good suggestions please.
There are no secret locations on the mighty Vedd. Its the most heavily fished river in B.C, and every inch of it gets pounded during salmon and steelhead season. That being said the Vedd produces lots and lots of fish yr in, yr out. The best thing you can do, is go with somebody who knows the river(pm sent), or get out your walking shoes and start hiking. Often times you can find productive water away from the crowds by wearing off some shoe leather...many, many times I have landed steel with only the majestic mountain scenery as my witness. Cheers

I agree, with a little effort you can still find some quiet locations. The POPULAR places are those that are generally easy to get to. We fish the Vedder every October as a family get together. Unfortunately, it does get very crowded where we like to go. My biggest complaint is that there are soooooo many experts who feel it is their job to tell everyone how to fish. I like to float fish with my pencil lead hitting bottom once in awhile with either wool and fake eggs. Works for me, but told it is not the right way. Lol. When things get too crazy, just like to have a seat and watch the show. Enjoy the river, it can be beautiful in October.

I agree, with a little effort you can still find some quiet locations. The POPULAR places are those that are generally easy to get to. We fish the Vedder every October as a family get together. Unfortunately, it does get very crowded where we like to go. My biggest complaint is that there are soooooo many experts who feel it is their job to tell everyone how to fish. I like to float fish with my pencil lead hitting bottom once in awhile with either wool and fake eggs. Works for me, but told it is not the right way. Lol. When things get too crazy, just like to have a seat and watch the show. Enjoy the river, it can be beautiful in October.
Keep doing what your doing! Ive fished exactly this way for 30yrs!Lol

Back