Trade Mercury Spitfire 4 Blade 17 pitch for 15 pitch

Aquaholic

Crew Member
I have a Mercury Spitfire 4 Blade aluminum propeller for trade. 6 months use.

It is a:
PN 48-8M8026590. 13.0 dia, 17 pitch, 4 blade right hand aluminum.

Looking for a:
8M8026580. 13.4 dia, 15 pitch 4 blade right hand aluminum.

I am in Vancouver.

03B1581D-FBA5-4258-BA4E-267F16694C12.jpeg

Sorry the one I talked about is actually a 19p. I lost top speed compared to my 3 blade stainless prop so I figured it was lower pitch.

I got to do some more playing around with my props. I had the three blade on at first and it was great but took a while to plane. I got a bow fuel tank and put the 4 blade on and lost speed, but planed quick, almost too bow heavy. I put the 3 blade back on and couldn’t troll slow enough for sockeye. I might keep this 4 blade and just trim up more than I’m used to and see how that does.

Anyone got a good website for prop selecting or is it all trial and error?

Attachments

• 44016D39-2CA2-4B33-ACD6-E0436B02D8BD.png
    44016D39-2CA2-4B33-ACD6-E0436B02D8BD.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sorry the one I talked about is actually a 19p. I lost top speed compared to my 3 blade stainless prop so I figured it was lower pitch.

I got to do some more playing around with my props. I had the three blade on at first and it was great but took a while to plane. I got a bow fuel tank and put the 4 blade on and lost speed, but planed quick, almost too bow heavy. I put the 3 blade back on and couldn’t troll slow enough for sockeye. I might keep this 4 blade and just trim up more than I’m used to and see how that does.

Ask a pro lol

Solas prop finder works OK, but still have to do your homework on that one

Thanks for checking that out for me.

Mercury marine has a pretty good one as you get to select what you want for performance and then also the type of boat, motor, gear ratio, etc. I do know with their four blade choice you should go pitch for pitch for whatever your best three blade is if you want increased hole shot and stern lift. I lost about 1.5 mph when I went from a three blade to their four blade and I didn’t care as slow speed handling characteristics improves dramatically. Deep V wander almost gone.

Turning Point Propellers has one too, but I use it for cross-referencing a Mercury part number to a turning point.

With the stern lift that you get with a four blade, the bow tank might indeed make the front too heavy. It might be better off with your three blade and using the troll control that you have hidden somewhere in your shop to get the rpm down to a proper troll speed. Sounds like you were very close.

What is the maximum rpm you’re getting?

With the stern lift that you get with a four blade, the bow tank might indeed make the front too heavy. It might be better off with your three blade and using the troll control that you have hidden somewhere in your shop to get the rpm down to a proper troll speed. Sounds like you were very close.

What is the maximum rpm you’re getting?
I was at 5850 with the 3 blade. And I think I was very close to the same with the 4 blade but lost top speed by maybe a few mph. And I like to go fast

Back