This happen here too but DFO doesn't have the stones to do any thing about it

This happen here too but DFO doesn't have the stones to do any thing about it

x2!!!!!!!!But I wouldn't totally put the blame on DFO I think their hands are tied due to the process in the courts.

Last edited by a moderator:
For one thing, in Canada, the Crown decides whether or not to proceed with prosecution of alleged offences - not Fisheries Officers. Officers can recommend charges, but it is up to Crown prosecution to decide if the evidence is sufficient enough and whether or not it is in the public interest to proceed with prosecution. Of course this criticism of Fisheries Officers is based on a thorough understanding of these cases and the decision making behind charges and prosecution.

Seriously....the point of my post was that this sort of thing is happening in Canada. It is much larger than most people realize.

This type of unreported harvesting makes things difficult to manage fisheries as their harvesting data is incomplete.

Fraser River, on going!
Has been for years.

Seriously....the point of my post was that this sort of thing is happening in Canada. It is much larger than most people realize.

This type of unreported harvesting makes things difficult to manage fisheries as their harvesting data is incomplete.

Back