The wind sucks!!!!!

Sitkaspruce

Took today to sunday off to fish around home (Port McNeill), Port Hardy and Winter Harbour and all it has been doing is blowing 20-35+ since yesterday!!!!:(

Strong wind warnings and gales and it is starting at 8 in the morning, not the usual afternoon winds.

Was out for two hours today before it became no longer fun with 20+ knot NW winds, 3-4' waves...plus no fish or feed around.

Hopefully tomorrow it will die down a little bit to at least get a 1/2 day in.

Now that I have vented....I feel much better[:p]:D

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Same down here in Sooke area except it's up as high as 35+ some days. Been this way for a month now it seems.

Try fishing early a.m. wind's not bad at all.
Been out pretty much every other day.
cheers
quote:Originally posted by highlights

Same down here in Sooke area except it's up as high as 35+ some days. Been this way for a month now it seems.

JUST FISHEN'

Been Blowing in Van area as well...Just went for a run with the wife and youngest son up Indian arm and then to Coal harbour for a cruise...blowing like hell...boats all over, cross chop and what not...kinda glad we didn't put any lines down anywhere, just a good cruise. This wind has to die soon!!

Been Blowing in Van area as well...Just went for a run with the wife and youngest son up Indian arm and then to Coal harbour for a cruise...blowing like hell...boats all over, cross chop and what not...kinda glad we didn't put any lines down anywhere, just a good cruise. This wind has to die soon!!

hey sitka have you heard of any reports from winter harbour?

This wind takes the joy out of fishing. I lost 2 coho this morning 'cause I couldn't control the boat and fish at the same time.
Vancouver harbour.
june292009005.jpg
]

This wind takes the joy out of fishing. I lost 2 coho this morning 'cause I couldn't control the boat and fish at the same time.
Vancouver harbour.
june292009005.jpg
]

On the bright side, the constant westerlies force the nutrient rich cool upwellings that are good for the entire food chain. Just think of all those salmon and halis that will be schooled up waiting for your gear to get back in the water!

On the bright side, the constant westerlies force the nutrient rich cool upwellings that are good for the entire food chain. Just think of all those salmon and halis that will be schooled up waiting for your gear to get back in the water!

Port seemed ok, wind was coming from town yesterday.

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

Port seemed ok, wind was coming from town yesterday.

Take only what you need.
3641877346_d9919f98d0.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

cheers
Originally posted by highlights

JUST FISHEN'

Yeah I've been on the water running out in the dark with radar. Wind is usually up by noon.

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

cheers
Originally posted by highlights

JUST FISHEN'

Yeah I've been on the water running out in the dark with radar. Wind is usually up by noon.

quote:Originally posted by jjmoffett

This weekend it supposed to keep blowing. Might be good in the morning, and from what I heard on the VHF this morning, it was calm at Cape Scott, but blowing 35+ at Solander Island, just below Quatsino on the Brooks. So from this info, I would guess that it is a wee bit rough on the outside and OK in the sound. Might be going there on Sat or Sun if the wind shows to be slowing down.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Back