Thanks to Pippen re:Granville Island Smokery

Dogbreath

Haven't quite figured out the PM function but I want to publicly Thank Pippen for recommending Granville Island Smokery.

Took a while to get around to trying some of the stuff they did for me but the Lox is fabulous!

Just enough smoke with the uncooked Salmon reminds me of the long-lost Klaus' in Campbell River which makes sense since they were a company out of Germany and the guy who runs the smokery is named Bruno (or Klaus or Ralph I can't exactly remember) but he has a kind of German accent and obviously knows what he's doing foodwise.

If you're looking to have some of your fish smoked up and live in Vancouver this is an excellent option.

Finest At Sea Granville Island Smokery
1805 Mast Tower Road, Vancouver, BC
(604) 684-4114

Awesome Dogbreath!! Glad to hear.....we have just recently been enjoying our latest fish which was some peppered cold smoked "white spring" that we caught over in Tofino. It turned out great!! Have all sorts of different cold smoke that was done late into August and into September.

The only thing I would recommend with them....is make sure you watch them when they are writing down what your "order" is. I always go in to the side door that goes right into the back room. I make sure they write down "RED" spring or "WHITE" spring; as in a day of mass confusion in there a buddy dropped off some red springs to just be packaged. Well his wife picked them up and not knowing enough to check.....he found he had about 15 packages of white spring in and among his fish. Now this was last summer.....I have never had an issue down there at all, but just be forewarned. When it's busy....it's easy for 'humans' to make mistakes; as unfortunately happend to him.

Back