Tackle Box re Supply what have you bought lately

Loghauler

It not so much what I’ve bought as what I’m gonna buy lol
More jigging stuff more trolling stuff some electronics, radio and fish finder/gps , couple rods basically a whole kit lol
Gonna go into cabellas and buy the store !!
Gonna Barley sound it and out to Beale and between for a week or two in my 18’ bayliner
I’m getting excited august can’t come soon enough
Just opened my box for the first time in two years FEB9C949-B493-4943-B76A-55ACA1AEE41C.jpeg

New prawn traps setup from PNT last week. They had the 18x18s in stock this time. If I like them, will switch the first pair to that size as well, easier handling.

Got an extra 150 ft of poly rope for the crab trap. Retiring the leaded line because it's so stiff. Poly rope + clip weights FTW.

Probably short of something??? Lol. This is my dad's circa 1970's Plano 747 box that I'm still using today,it's nice to have the Oldman out fishing with me,the first pic is one of my last purchases apparently green was the hot color,and you can never have enough cop cars...I know shortly after this purchase I cleaned out sea run for there Pesca spoons,I may need therapy!
20180207_145803.jpg20170620_172614.jpg20170620_172555.jpg

These are waiting for me at home. Can’t wait to drop them in front of a chinook’s nose off the rocks at Little Beach in a few weeks.

53004218815_d3474a9e05_z.jpg

Hmmm pulled my fishing poles out and looks like I’m doing an eye kit on my oldest rod an old daiwa black widow and one on my Berkley technique series the eye is there just ceramic is gone so a tune up on my trolling rods then some new line
What do most of you guys put on your trolling rods ?
I had thirty on one and 100 braid on the other for duel purpose bottom fishing
Thinking of putting 20 mono on trolling rods and 50 braid on jig rods

I
Hmmm pulled my fishing poles out and looks like I’m doing an eye kit on my oldest rod an old daiwa black widow and one on my Berkley technique series the eye is there just ceramic is gone so a tune up on my trolling rods then some new line
What do most of you guys put on your trolling rods ?
I had thirty on one and 100 braid on the other for duel purpose bottom fishing
Thinking of putting 20 mono on trolling rods and 50 braid on jig rods
If you're trolling at or beyond 150 ft deep reasonably often, braid main line makes sense. Small strikes that are mostly absorbed by mono line are much more visible, and the line is easier/quicker to pop loose from the clip. Add a top shot of 40-50 feet of 25 or 30 lb mono to add some stretch for fish close to the boat and give the clip something to grab onto.

Back