Suzuki kickers

abbyfireguy

Howdy folks,

Well,my trusty Yammie 9.9 Hi thrust has finally succumbed to the dreaded corroded upper case/oil pan nightmare.
Not worth fixing as she is getting on in years but runs well.
I am looking at new kickers and have very good pricing on Suzuki 9.9 4 strokes .
Never had a Suzuki kicker so know nothing about them.
Any comments or experiences wth these motors would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks a lot ,
Steve

Check out Tohatsu for a kicker. Tohatsu makes all the kickers for Mercury, Nissan, Evinrude and the Tohatsu brand. Apart from the paint, decals and price, they are all exactly the same motor.

Tohatsu brand is generally the least expensive and has a great warranty.

Suzuki motors are great I have had them and now have yamahas I wish that I had Suzukis they kick butt!!!

Should ask Sea-run. I know Pat swearsa by his big h.p. Suzukis, but I think he spent a lot of time searing AT his 9.9 Suzuki

Should ask Sea-run. I know Pat swearsa by his big h.p. Suzukis, but I think he spent a lot of time searing AT his 9.9 Suzuki

Been running Pats boat a bit this year.... those big Suzukis are really nice... Its going to be tough when I have to re power my boat... :)

Hear they vibrate a lot - but that's 2nd hand info not sure of the year class associated to this complaint.

Happy with my Yamaha.

I thought they were the quiet motors on the market smoother then my yamahas

tohatsu,, i just got a 20,, very happy with it...contact breakers marine

I have a 2012 9.9 Suzuki 4 stroke for a kicker. It did seem to vibrate a lot during break in. Once I put a few hours on it, it became sewing machine smooth, and quiet.

owed one an o5 9.9 it was great solid quiet and smooth bought it from a guide it had a tons of hours. the vibration issues seemed to be specific to certain hulls resinating.(but thats a whole different subject) nissian/tohatsu are one of the oldest outboard makes out there and make a very good product. the new 15hp suzuki is fuel injected so it would defiantly be worth a look i'm not sure on the price point.

most new small mercery's are made by tohatsu/nissian so parts aren't a problem to get when needed
yamaha suzuki honda all pretty comparable they all have there pro's and con's

Mercs 30 horse and under are made in the Tohatsu plant......but they are made strictly to Merc specs for Merc.

I don't think Tohatsu and Merc parts are interchangeable........

Back