Suzuki Kicker motors any good?

Fishinnut

I have not tried or know anyone that has a Suzuki four stroke kicker. I have gone through many Merc kickers from 9.9s, 15s, and even some 20 horses. I have broken the hold up brackets, bolts, housing or all on all of them. These are the brackes that hold the moto0r up when running on the water. I realize I take them into rougher water than they are made for. Since I am repowering with new Suzuki 4 stroke motors, I thought maybe I should make all three motors the same. What ever kicker I get will be a hydraulic tilt as the bracketry is better and stronger. I have two friends that have even broken the big cast mounts on the Yamaha 9.9 four stokes.

Most kicker motor brackets are probably built for little boats and not pounded in the ocean under harsh conditions. Anyone have any feed back on them? I see the 9.9 and 15 are the same motor just like Mercs and changed the carb to make the difference. The 15 does not offer the goodies that the 9.9 Suzuki does. I want the remote throttle, electric start and alternator on a long shaft. Am thinking of putting on a TR1 also.

Anyone have any info on Suzuki 4 stroke kickers they want to share?
Thanks in advance.

Don't have personal knowledge on their kickers, but my main has been bullit proof for three years...

Don't have personal knowledge on their kickers, but my main has been bullit proof for three years...

Back