Subject: Specialty Licence Plates Questionnaire

Hopefully they spend the $$$ on the actual charity and that it doesn't go into general revenue.

Didn't the Liberals get caught with their hand in the Park Licence Plate jar?

Cheers

SS

As a matter of principle, politicians will alway avoid specific funds dedication. I'm pretty sure it's in the Legislation 101 course they all take when first elected.

Thanks for posting the questionnaire.

I wanted to share that I completed the questionnaire as the BC government is considering raising funds for charities through specialized automobile license plates, and I couldn't be more excited about it!

You know how much I care about fish habitat and salmon enhancement, right? Well, in the questionnaire, they asked which types of charities we'd like to see the funds go towards, and I immediately chose to support non-profit volunteer salmon enhancement projects and hatcheries based in British Columbia. Can you imagine the incredible impact this program could have on increasing salmon abundance for future generations?

Here's some additional information I found in the Specialty Licence Plates Questionnaire. The program is being developed by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) in collaboration with the Province. Specialty plates are basically an alternative to regular number plates, but they have an identifying graphic or image representing a specific organization, cause, or sponsor. Currently, BC only has a few specialty plates, like the Veterans commemorative plate and three BC Parks licence plates.

You'll be happy to know that the BC Parks specialty plates launched in 2017 were a huge success. It showed that people in our province are interested in purchasing unique and attractive licence plate designs to display on their vehicles. The BC Parks plate, for example, costs an initial fee of $50 with a recurring annual fee of $40, whereas a regular plate only costs an initial fee of $18 with no annual renewal fees.

By expanding this specialty licence plate program, the government aims to raise funds for non-profit organizations and charities that are important to BC motorists. It's such a great way to support causes that mean a lot to us while also adding a little something special to our vehicles.

I truly believe that this program has immense potential to benefit salmon, trout and steelhead abundance and the environment. It would provide much-needed funds for volunteer projects and hatcheries, helping them carry out their crucial work in enhancing fish habitats. Just think about the positive impact this could have on our beautiful province and the generations to come.

I hope this gets you as excited as it does me. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this initiative moves forward and brings about positive change for our beloved salmon, trout, steelhead and their habitats.

RVP.

Back