Subject: A-tlegay Fisheries Resources Reconciliation Agreement Framework Announcement

The nitty gritty is this statement.... "The goal of the Agreement signed today is the creation of a common fisheries negotiation table to discuss access to commercial fisheries, aquaculture, community-based commercial fisheries, collaborative fisheries management and capacity development elements. " As the saying goes The devil is in the details" Too early to judge if this agreement will be inclusive, or MINE ! ALL MINE!

Government to Government.

You will find out when the deed is done.

The nitty gritty is this statement.... "The goal of the Agreement signed today is the creation of a common fisheries negotiation table to discuss access to commercial fisheries, aquaculture, community-based commercial fisheries, collaborative fisheries management and capacity development elements. " As the saying goes The devil is in the details" Too early to judge if this agreement will be inclusive, or MINE ! ALL MINE!
So, it would be worthy of a closer read of the actual framework agreement. They talk about taking a more active role in managing all fisheries - which insofar as I can tell still falls to the crown....but:

Fisheries Governance
 Internal governance structure for Signatory First Nations
 Signatory First Nations-Fisheries and Oceans Canada collaborative governance/management for fisheries (including aquaculture and recreational fisheries), including an examination of the strengths and weaknesses of current arrangements
 Linkages with other governance structures (e.g. First Nation-First Nation, First Nation-Fisheries and Oceans Canada, First Nation-Fisheries and Oceans Canada-Stakeholders, Government of British Columbia)

Here's the link to the full Framework....

OUTLINE FOR (dfo-mpo.gc.ca)

People need to speak up before your government makes your fishery access and rights a commodity that can be handed off to satisfy the Liberal agenda.

Last edited:
The DI fish Farm decision will tell you how the collaborative management decisions will be made. Unfortunately for us many FN are not fans of sports fishing.

Back