sturgeon fishing

F

Fishin4Ever

Does anyone here go fishing on the fraser? I do. I go along with my 2 friends and we go fishin' out for monster sturgeon. We are going to be going out on the water on sunday to spin around on the boat and to see whats out there and maybe hook up on one or two. maybe.[:p] we went almost every weekend during october and november and ended up with lots of fish. Hooked up with a couple 6 footers, lots of 3's and we got lucky. We caught a nice 10 footer. It a had a huge gerth.

Just wonderin if any of you sturgeon fish. And if you are fishing for them now, just to see how its doing. Or your sturgeon fishing stories.:)

n638431287_364842_3103.jpg

Ya sturgeon fishing sure can be a lot of fun [}:)]

Wow nice sturgeon poppa swiss. Its sure a got a nice gerth on it don't it?;)

yup she was a real pig, the biggest out of 16 fish that day. I highly recommend STS guiding after that trip.

Poppa swiss
whats the price for a trip? it looks like a lot of fun,and what time of year is the best?

can't remember the price but cheap when you go with 4-5 guys. The best time is by far the fall when the salmon are running. They sit and feed on the roe and dead flesh and really pig out. That was mid October when we got 16 fish.

Don't forget the fantastic springtime fishing for sturgeon.
April, May and early June can be fantastic fishing with double digit days and some great fish. After a long winter of virtually hibernating these fish strap on the feedbag and try and fill their bellies. Often anglers attempt to catch spring fish with inappropriate baits or poorly cared for ones and results are less than stellar, when others catch many :D.

http://www.bentrods.ca/modules/galleries/galleryshowpic.jsp?id=381

Fred didn't tell you his real secret bait item, that I can say for sure..
It took me several years to get things right as far as bait and locations(the joy of guiding!!)....Just takes a lot of observation,some experimenting and being willing to listen a lot more than talking.....
For bait,one simple idea is use what they are feeding on currently and fresh is usually better..
Works for me,but,always be open to change and improvise when nothing is working.....
Stink bait works sometimes in the year,but it takes a strong stomach to use that stuff,plus the boat gets rather odiferous if you spill some inside.[xx(]

Back