South island s.f.a.b. Meeting march 9th!

Little Hawk

Thought I'd paste this for the benefit of a greater turnout.
See you all there!

WHAT: Sport Fishing Advisory Board
Victoria and Area Local Committee Meeting

AREA: Victoria, Sooke, Oak Bay, Sidney, Brentwood Bay, Esquimalt,
Pedder Bay, Jordan River, Mill Bay and Southern Gulf Islands

WHEN: Wednesday March 9th, 2011 at 7:00 PM

WHERE: Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway Hotel
West Shore Ballroon
829 McCallum Road, Victoria BC
(250) 474-6063
Located in Langford, behind Costco - there's free parking

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas Cole, our Victoria Committee elected 2nd Seat and I would like to invite you to the upcoming the Victoria Area Sport Fishing Adviory Board committee meeting. This is our spring session that will provide guidance to our South Coast and Main Board panels.

Halibut fishing has now opened but a month late; a fact which has been contentious to many local anglers. Additionally, our winter/spring chinook fishery will again be affected by early timed Fraser chinook regulations any day now. We expect to hear from DFO at the meeting what their plans are for our important chinook fishery. Also we want to know when the 2011 halibut season will close and more details about the new experimental license, plus how DFO plan to enforce this new license.
Local anglers and the public are encouraged to attend this important sport fishing meeting. Come out and learn about the Sport Fishing Advisory Board process, how you can provide input to the development of fishing plans as well as voice your concerns about current fisheries management issues.
The two main issues for our agenda are Halibut and Early Timed Fraser Chinook. If there is anything else you wish to be added to the agenda please let me know. I will be sending out a meeting reminder with a more complete agenda in the near future.
Apologies for the late notice, DFO have been delayed in confirming the necessary size facilities for our meeting. I look forward to seeing you there,

Chris
C.Bos@shaw.ca

IS DFO going to be there????? Chris??
If they are I think we need to come into the room with another 400 PLUS and show them F&%KERs we are not happy ......

Someone from DFO is always at the meetinigs. I forget who the new guy is, used to be Bill Shaw.

Hmmm 144 views do you think we are getting our point across I'll be suprised if 1/2 that # attend Wolf!

Hmmm 144 views do you think we are getting our point across I'll be suprised if 1/2 that # attend Wolf!

Should also be posted in the Salt Water Fishing section where more would see it. Not sure how much promotion has been done but my guess is not enough compared to the Halibut Town Hall meetings.

Back