Sooke Accommodations/Launching 2012

SteelyDan

So myself and my old man are planning a short trip to Sooke sometime late July/early August and I have never been so I'm looking for some advice for some affordable accommodations. I did a search on here and some threads from 2007 came up and that was about it. What about Launching? Is it as bad as everyone says it is or have there been improvements or new ramps built in recent years.

Is the Manuel Quimper Motel decent? I have also read a few mentions of Sunny Shores...Any help is appreciated...

Manuel Quimper was used for fire practice a couple years ago... now sits under Mariners Village. Sunny shores or as mentioned Sooke Harbour

There is a not bad Groupon today for Sooke Harbour House.... 3 days in summer for 370ish if memory serves. launch & moorage available.

There's also Pedder Bay Marina if you want to do your own thing and camp.

Everything pretty much the same ad it was @ Sunny Shores. Deal to sell fell through.

As far as I know Sunny Shores still has the only Fuel Dock in Sooke Harbour and that is no small consideration.

Thanks guys, Talked to a not so friendly guy with an accent (Polish?) today at Sunny Shores... Quoted me at $100 + tax a night for a room with 2 beds + kitchenette. Moorage was a buck per foot. Seems reasonable, I think I'll try it out.

It will be fun....

The good news is Sunny Shores sells Premium gas. When the other stations around Victoria were selling Premium for $1.25/l SS was around $1.60/l so you might want to give him a call to find whether you should pick some up on.your way. And as a side note, you might want to bring alone some salmon.
Pretty scarce here right now. I monitor 68 "The Bear"

SS used to be the best place to stay now well you will see foryourself . there are other options

I recommend Salty Towers ... nice cottages, has a dock where you can keep your boat, not too expensive. You are closer to the fishing grounds than Sunny Shores. Owners, Neil and Maggie, are super people.

New launch by prestige is excellent and (at the moment) free.

X2 Driller stayed there a couple times, it is very nice and dock is convenient( 5 min. to fishing)

The good news is Sunny Shores sells Premium gas. When the other stations around Victoria were selling Premium for $1.25/l SS was around $1.60/l so you might want to give him a call to find whether you should pick some up on.your way. And as a side note, you might want to bring alone some salmon.
Pretty scarce here right now. I monitor 68 "The Bear"

thanks for the advice! So I should thaw out some sockey from last year so I don get skunked for the trip eh? I think things will pickup here shortly even if the early fraser river run is of concern we should still get a crack at the Columbians.

Send me a pm or phone me steely and we can chat ok

Wolf

Your pm box is full now;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back