So It Turns Out That God REALLY Does Hate Me...

Dave H

Below is a pic of the latest Tyee caught under Tyee Club rules.
The rower is my long-time pal and trusty companion CC, who has rowed me many times the past number of years.
We've had near misses, undersizes, double-headers and any number of adventures in the Pool, except I haven't landed a Tyee myself yet.
The angler in the photo is CC's next door neighbour, a guy who has watched CC and I load up and head out many times.
He finally asked CC what it was all about, heard the explanation and allowed as to how he'd like to try sometime.
CC took him out yesterday morning.
Total time in a rowboat for Aaron.......1/2 hour and into the Tyee Club.

Total time for me in a rowboat.........no freaking idea now but quite a few.....still not in the Tyee Club.

God really does hate me I guess.

Wonder what I did wrong?

Take care.

2010_Tyee_2.JPG

Maybe 'he' doesn't hate you but just likes Aaron alot better ! :D

Ha ha, I know Aaron he's buddies with my brother. Bro said that he went out and fired up a short prayer - "I need a big one buddy," and then while putting out his line BAM!!!

Awwww -- dont take it too hard... We love ya Dave!! :D Right guys???!!! [}:)]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

The ironic thing is that something similar has happened at least a couple of times in the past.

One morning I couldn't muster the gumption to go out and sit in the rain again so begged off. CC called another guy he knew who went along and........yep....new Tyee Club member.

Another time I'd been rod holding with Paul Curtis a number of outings and we had actually lost a good one at the boat one time when a buddy of his came for a visit and brought along his eight year old son. Buddy wanted to take his son along which bumped me.....very cool with me of course.....and of course the eight year old...first time in a rowboat and sitting where I would have been......need I go on?

Sob!

But I have a new plan and it's getting very close to fruition now so I'm confident my drought will come to an end soon.
I'll fill you in on it later.

In the meantime,

Take care.

Back