shimano 401 te

A

axe

Hi!
I wrote from Finnland and i would like to know some details of this reel. My friend is comming here from Vermont, and he promise to buy me two of those, because local importer does give only five peaces in whole country. And those coast like 700 dollars...
I fish those reels atlantic salmon, weight about 10-55 pounds, and method of fishing is fly fishing with weights. Weights are 1-4 1/2 ounce and my rod is BFT 12" srike pro and i use line like 60-80 lbs. Sufix Matrix pro. We use to fish in rivers of baltic sea.
Is this reel good company for my rod and line? Is drag good enough of those fishes? What is worst thing of it? ext. ext...
Every answer and referes of the reel is more than welcome.
And sorry of my english, but i have to ask everythink of you, because we dont have those reels[}:)]:(

Pete

EDIT
Pete-the reel you're looking at is an excellent unit but is not for fly fishing.

Below see the 400, the 401 is for left hand.

SHC47TE.JPG

Hi again!
I think that the method what we use here is not so popular there, or maybe i couldnt explain the method. Now i have abu 7001, and reason why i have to change my reel is abu 7001. But as i sayed, we use quite heavy weights, casts are long and fishes are stong, this is not traditional fly fishing, we cast fly to river with weights help... hard to explain, but hope you understand...
Every detail is welcome... thank you.

Pete

Back