Shields lake

F

fishsooke

Hey just signed up for this site and i wondered if anybody knows or has fished in shields lake,crabapple lake,and grassy lake,like how is fishing their,what did you get them on,that kinda stuff, is what am wondering about.

so just power bait on a hook?,were you ever successful with fly's or lures.

I have done very well on leech patterns at Shields when you could drive up.
Long walk now I would think.

Tips

We would catch and release cutties one after another on a hook and worm when we used to go up there. Thanks to the Land Conservancy for keeping it wild and locked up tight, I haven't been there for a while. :(

Haven't been since the road closed either. It's a shame really. Spent many a weekend up there.
Last time i was at Shield's there was a school of koi or carp in there!

quote:Originally posted by fishsooke

so just power bait on a hook?,were you ever successful with fly's or lures.

I only ever did bait, would grab a $9 Canadian Tire rod, setup your power boat so it floated a foot or so above the bottom, and just cast off the little point beside where the boat launch is. I think you can still get at it if you are serious into 4x4ing via Boneyard main, but I just haven't been up there lateley. Boneyard lake also produced very well for me too in the spring.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

...I really miss the good old days and it's a shame that I can't take the 4x4 up there with the family on Sundays and have hot dogs on the fire while spending a nice day outdoors. Sometimes it sucks living on the island...only sometimes though. :D

quote:We would catch and release cutties one after another on a hook and worm when we used to go up there. Thanks to the Land Conservancy for keeping it wild and locked up tight, I haven't been there for a while.

Come on Yote... you've never caught and released anything[:0]

Tips

hey,what would be the biggest fish you seen caught out of their

Back