Seeking Drone & Go-Pro info & advice

I bought the DJI Mavic Pro with the "fly more" bundle today. I wanted a drone that combined good video camera quality with small size for traveling. I used it for an hour today and it's awesome. Was already landing it and taking off from my hand by the end of the hour. Just gotta hope my neighbors don't shoot it out of the sky while I practice with it lol. View attachment 33969 View attachment 33970 View attachment 33971

I was was looking at one as well. Except. What happens when said drone were to crash. Is it waterproof to IP68 or greater? I suppose the majority aren't waterproof.

I was looking at these ones myself.

https://www.quadh2o.com/hexh2o/hexh2o-kit/

https://store.swellpro.com/

Last edited:
I was was looking at one as well. Except. What happens when said drone were to crash. Is it waterproof to IP68 or greater? I suppose the majority aren't waterproof.

I was looking at these ones myself.

https://www.quadh2o.com/hexh2o/hexh2o-kit/

https://store.swellpro.com/

In an earlier post I linked a couple companies that sell water floats for both the Phantoms and the Mavic Pro. I also mentioned that with the $99/year extra insurance through DJI all of their drones are covered for up to 2 drone replacements per year including water damage. It's all explained on their site. It's called DJI Care/Refresh insurance. They cover all damages/crashes. Pretty much only thing it won't cover is purposely setting your drone on fire for ****'s and giggles lol.
With how well these drones respond to controls and have automatic sensors that don't allow them to hit the ground or obstacles I think it would be pretty hard to fly into the water or whatever. When you don't touch the controls the drone just stops and hovers. It doesn't drop to the ground. And they have emergency stop functions if they get to close to something. They also have auto return to home buttons that calls the drone right back to where you launched it. We live on acreage and was playing with it yesterday and in only an hour I was flying it around about a km radius over my neighbors properties and way up above the tree lines etc.
Today I'm upgrading the firmware and doing some calibrations on the drone and setting it up a bit more custom for my liking. So much you can do with these things its crazy really. Technology is insane now.

This drone is amazing!! Time fly's though when video taping from the air so I'm very glad I got the extra battery package when I bought it. Yesterday I was filming 2km's around my home and down into a creek and back. It records in 4K super HD resolution and the quality is amazing. If anyone is thinking of getting one I recommend not screwing too much with the camera settings though. So many guys on Youtube suggest to do all kinds of things with the settings. The problem is you have to keep changing those settings depending on what kinds of outside conditions you are taping in. I went back to the factory settings and the videos are much, much better than trying to set them every time I fly. In 4K resolution even if you have to shrink the footage a bit or crop/edit stuff you still stay in HD quality.
Gonna go on a walk with the dogs and family today up to some falls at a local mountain and gonna get some drone footage there. Gonna also try the "active track" function on it too. It will follow and tape a moving object on it's own without controlling it. In that mode it will go up to 54 km/hr and in sport mode it will fly up to 65 km/hr. Crazy fast. I highly recommend this as a hobby. So much fun and the drone's have so many sensor's on them it makes it very safe to fly.

If you don't mind, where did you purchase from? Direct from DJI or another seller?
Best Buy in Langley has the Mavic Pro's. Awesome drone. I love it. I've spent a lot of time researching the different drones and watching tons of YouTube videos of reviews and info on them. The Mavic suits my needs perfectly. Can't wait to take it out on the ocean. Trucks been in the shop for a week and it's killing me to not be out fishing with the drone.

Back