Seattle Boat Show Starts Today

MyEscape

After quite an adventure through some of the nastiest weather and water conditions I have ever seen (Story and Pictures coming soon) we arrived on Saturday by water from Campbell River in Seattle with four of our EagleCrafts safetly. Two other boats were towed down to make a total of 6 boats on display. 3 at the indoor Quest Field Center show and 3 on Lake Union @ Chandlers Cove Marina floats a boat show. We set the show up and I returned to Campbell River on Tuesday by boat. Now I head back down tommorow and will be working at our booth for EagleCraft @ Quest Field from Saturday until the end of the show on Feb 3

So if you come to the Seattle Boat Show stop by and say Hi.:D

Cheers Kevin aka MyEscape

saw a 26 foot eaglecraft launching out of nanaimo last week, was that one of yours? very nice looking boat!!

Yes it was. It's was on it's way to catch up with with me in Sidney I was running a slower 31' Command Bridge. We trailered it down to Nanaimo from CR rather then running down on the water due to gale force winds. It could have handled the trip but takes it's toll on the skipper. [xx(]

Cheers ME

Yea that sounds like a Daigle boat, thats why so many of em get stress cracks, even after they modified there dead rise. Good plan to trailer it to calmer sea's...

Get your facts straight :( some (very few) early Daigle boats did get one or two cracks not welding cracks but stress fractures in the aluminum till in the late 80s early 90's when we started using a min 1/4 hull plate in all our boats and changed the way we welded our transverse framing ang longatudinal stiffners.

Why put an operator into 30+ knot winds if you don't need to. Campbell River to Nanaimo up to Dodds Narrows can be quite a mean stretch of water at times.

ME

I cant believe you would say something like that big Joe:(very dissapoiting to slam a truly great boat many years ago(20) ALL alum boats were not good it was new and untried but now they are great wish I could have the money to buy one but thats a dream.

Look out here it comes now!!!

Wolf

I will be in and out of the show through the entire time. I do cconstruction work and it has been overwhelming. No breaks, Work is good but surely doesn't let me fish enough. Maybe I will stop by when I get a chance.
Ron

Yea Wolf,you are right. Here it come now... I agree they are now a better manufactured vessel, especially since they were losing so much of the market share they had to get there crap together and copy some other manufacturers(I should say make modifications to there original design).They are almost all the same, maybe they are all the same, great at the two face sales pitch, prop it for speed, cash your cheque, and then F**** you in the face when the operating parameters don't pan out...and low and behold, the original warranty goes out the window and get's reduced in years as more problems arise. If it wasn't for the dollar difference the last many years, and a couple more law suits, this guy would be building boats alongside the Armstrong family.

Slander is a really bad thing! I would strongly advise you to think about what you say in the form of written word. Many people view this site and just because this is a forum the law is the law.

Rather then deleteing or editting I want it to be known you are intitled to your opinion right or wrong but Big Joe you are crossing that line and I would be abusing my moderator status to edit or delete your posts as it would just look like I'm being defensive.

I am not defensive I don't need to be I know we build one of the best custom aluminum boats and have hundreds upon hundreds of very satisfied customers that would agree some using there boats over 2500 hrs per year and thats no type O.

I think you are very ill informed and should present some facts rather then just such broad unsubstatiated statements.

Well anyone who's coming to the show stop by and say Hi. ;)

ME

Every year I go to renfew, I see more and more alumn guide boats, must be for a reason. MyEscape, you bringing any boats down to the Victoria Boat show next month?

Good luck at the show Kevin, hope you can enjoy some time off to go fishing when you get back.
I'm no lawyer, but slander is by word of mouth and has no permanent record.
Libel has permanent record (newspaper, email, this forum).
Not saying that I have seen anything libelous here, as people are entitled to their opinions but it does bring up some interesting thoughts.
If I were to slam a particular rod because I wasn't satisfied with the quality and subsequent warranty and such, then posted my opinion on a forum, would I be libel for defamation? Not likely.
On the other hand, if I were to point out that the sales rep that sold me the rod was a cheat, then it would be libel.
Like I said, I'm no lawyer but I haven't seen Ford come after me for taking issue with their 360 CID pieces of crap engines in the past.[:0]

...well used EC hull parked right next to me w over 1,000 hours on her, ZERO issues....
I may be biased tho as I have a tin can too, way over 1,000 hours on my Almar with no issues.
Kev: I will stop by and see you later next week at the show.
JD

Yes you are right in some aspects ME, and I apologize for my rants, some past issues and business deals got the better of me. I guess one of the the things that bugs me is how a moderator who is so vehement against spam, etc, can casually slip in a sales pitch for the company the moderator works for. That being said, I think I will just observe and enjoy what this forum truly has to offer..Joe

WOW this show is awesome! Can't believe all the awesome boats, displays and people. As for spam ya right, just wanted to meet more sportfishingbc members and thought this was a great way to do so.

Cheers ME
Having a Blast in Seattle

Just out of idle curiosity and not meaning to stir the s**t up but what exactly would a person pay for a 20 to 24 ft Daigle ?
Just the hull without motors etc.
I think the answer is going to hurt , but what the hell want to know anyway.

AL

Cost is a very relative thing.
When amortized over the life of whats left of the owner, then deducting the residual from the life insurance policy when you die, it's almost free to the benefactor. Of course, if this person isn't your relative, then you could leave it to me, and then the cost would be free (for me).:D

quote:I think I will just observe and enjoy what this forum truly has to offer..Joe
Good idea. Keep your posts to a minimum til you figure it out.
T2

Back